The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Medical abortion in the spotlight > Comments

Medical abortion in the spotlight : Comments

By Debbie Garratt, published 24/8/2015

An abortion provider has usually never seen the woman before and in fact some women don't believe they even saw the doctor at all.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The royal commission is full of people who have been abused by the church.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Monday, 24 August 2015 9:57:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Two women contacted me by email and alleged this article is complete bunkum; or that if real the alleged victims of malpractice?

Were just a couple of activists who were just alleging impropriety, and wait for it, as reported in this article; had never seen a doctor?

Given your knowledge of medicine is correct? Why would any woman/girl take these (black market drugs?) to begin with; when there is almost one family planning clinic in every town?

Perhaps they want to avoid a shotgun marriage to a potential raper/avoid parental abuse? I mean not every virgin loses it by choice!?

Or would rather not carry their niece or nephew full term? And would suffer at the hands of a family, who have a strong religious/fanatical disposition toward a forced marriage/anti abortion?

Who know what depths of despair are needed to enable a desperate women to reach this conclusion without of all things; as alleged, not seeing a doctor?

Is this an incontrovertible argument for an unarguable early term irreversible medical procedure in a clinic, so that this potential issue never ever irises?

Even so, without access to completely confidential medical records! this allegation is just assumption based on speculation, that wouldn't pass the pub test, let alone be accepted by any judge as bona fide evidence! But rather, he said she said hearsay?

I would say nice try; except it isn't!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 24 August 2015 10:04:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah right Debbie, 2 women who had supposedly taken the 'abortion drug' think the best place to ring, after they have taken it and changed their minds, is a militant anti-choice, anti -abortion group? What a load of croc!

They wouldn't think to ring their Gp or go to a family planning clinic, where, by the way, they could have accessed safe abortion without the need for all this cloak and dagger stuff? It sounds like the 'good ol' days' when abortion had to be carried out in secret lest the woman be thrown into jail, or die trying to get a backyard abortion.

Get over it and concentrate on lobbying for free effective contraception for women (and men) so the rates of abortion might decrease.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 24 August 2015 11:08:09 AM
@suseonline and @Rhrosty The ways in which you so offensively dismiss the experiences of these women is very sadly the reason why so many who do experience regret or grief often feel they have nowhere to turn. It is also the reason why our work in giving these women a voice is so vital. We are not anti-choice. We are not lobbyists or activists. Women contact us because we do not dismiss, ridicule or in any way demean their experiences, no matter what that experience is. We provide an essential service in research and education around the adverse impact of a number of reproductive health interventions, including abortion. This will continue to remain an essential service while women keep telling us that abortion providers fail in their duty of care to fully inform, and while abortion continues to be provided as a solution to largely social problems.

My hope is that women who have been adversely effected by abortion will not see your responses as typical, and will know that they are not alone, but that there are many who share similar stories and there is support available.
Posted by Debbie Garratt, Monday, 24 August 2015 5:23:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Read an interesting article today..

http://www.infowars.com/horror-intact-fetus-moves-arms-legs-outside-womb-in-latest-planned-parenthood-video/

Pretty sure live vivisections for organ procurement were taking place in the U.S. after all.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 1:59:05 AM
Debbie, we are entitled to our opinions, given this is an opinion forum.
Certainly there appears to be much more activity here than on your site's blog?
Why is that do you think?

Could it be that women can get all the latest info on abortion that they need from their own medical professionals, and indeed from many official health department internet sites, and they don't need an obviously biased site flogging a dodgy 'course' on how to 'counsel' women on pregnancy and abortion.

A site that preaches to us about the evils of abortion and reproductive technology, but extols the virtues of adoption seems very religion-based to me, but I could be wrong.....
It would certainly be the last place I would go to if I was having problems post-abortion.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 10:48:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy