The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beware! The crisis is coming! > Comments

Beware! The crisis is coming! : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 17/8/2015

Just for fun I used my ‘favourite search engine’ and got the following results for the numbers of hits coming from the phrase ‘crisis in Australian …’

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Cobber:

Which scientist will you listen to? And why that one, or those ones? Shouldn't you be reading about 'climate change' from all points of view, and making your own mind up — or beginning to ask questions yourself? That's what most sceptics do, and I am one such.

Rrhosty:

Yes, there may be opportunities ahead too.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Monday, 17 August 2015 3:57:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I for one listen to the scientists that publish in scientific journals.

I am very sceptical of the ones that vanity publish books and political polemics.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 17 August 2015 4:02:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bugsy, all the prominent sceptical scientists, like Carter, Happer, Lindzen, Plimer, have published in scientific peer-reviewed journals. Do you read their work too? Does it worry you that our governments have not funded research on 'climate change' that looks at natural variability?
Posted by Don Aitkin, Monday, 17 August 2015 4:13:39 PM
Don, you still haven't addressed the reason for the phenomenal unprecedented permafrost melt; and the consequent new summer lakes in Alaska!

Phenomenal, given the great solar furnace in the sky is in a waning phase and has been since the mid seventies. ( NASA)

And given your lists of denialists.
I believe as a "climate scientist", Plimmer makes a great geologist!

What's your alternative scientific rationale? A mass event of shared body heat, due to recent population explosions?

Or substrata volcanic activity and hot rocks finally getting their heat to reach the surface; or down to tectonic plate activity creating new levels of heat due to friction?

In which case there's a fraction too much friction!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 17 August 2015 4:33:17 PM
Rhrosty,

Perhaps you could give me the links to the unprecedented permafrost melting. What I've read suggests that it is a possibility, if warming passes a certain point, not a reality. Arctic ice-cover seems to have recovered and, as you probably know, Antarctic sea ice is at a very high level.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Monday, 17 August 2015 5:02:17 PM
Rhrosty
Have to agree with Don - what unprecedented permafrost melting? I was also under the impression that it was one of those possibilities when warming past a certain point.. no-one was claiming it was actually happening..
Posted by Curmudgeon, Monday, 17 August 2015 5:43:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy