The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mid-east policy cooked up ISIS > Comments

Mid-east policy cooked up ISIS : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 14/7/2015

It is easy to blame IS militants for the problem, but they are the symptom of foreign policies that resemble BBQ knobs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Well-written and interesting article.

Now let us have another one.

"It is time to learn the lessons from the BBQ's black box."

Which are?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 10:28:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BBQ knobs? What a silly article, blaming us for Islamic barbarism. The "US and its allies including Australia" will do what they can to protect the West; that's us, pal.

Just think. This bloke was a multiculturalism commissioner in Australia!
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 10:43:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The excuse making Author appears to be blaming the west for every middle east problem, in an exercise of blame shifting on a grand scale!
Yes we have tried to help where it served our interests, and in the pursuit of democracy, or endless futility?

But typically of stone age people with a stone age mentality, the minute you get rid of one tyrant they replace him with another, as happened in Egypt or Iraq; and then like the author they have the unmitigated hide to blame us for too much help or not enough.

If the author could be honest he would sheet home the blame where it lays, with themselves and their so called culture.

Which has been murderously combative with the advent of an eye for an eye sectarian Islam!

I'd like to know which part of western aid created ritual beheadings, crucifictions, rape, child brides and sexual slavery. All alive and well in middle eastern "CULTURE"for interminable centuries!

Down to me and my druthers I'd turn the desert sands into a sea of molten glass!

Surgically removing the whole rotten mess in the same way a clinical surgeon would remove a malignant tumour; taking enough of the surrounding tissue to be sure that it had no chance of returning and re infecting the patient!?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 10:43:20 AM
Yep...the truth as it is...America is owned and operated by cow boys, peopled by blind nationalists, and fuelled by overproof testosterone. It is safe to say that wars waged on this base will be equally senseless....
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 12:50:00 PM
Rhrosty. You have hit the proverbial 'nail on the head' with each and every fallacious notion proposed by the author. Your idea of turning the surrounding deserts into glass has much merit. Perhaps the power required could be provided by numberless Chinese soar cells.
Quite a silly, supremely simplistic article. ttbn, like me, shudders to think that this bloke is a 'multicultural commissioner'. What more could we expect. I wonder if he has duel nationality?
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 12:53:29 PM
This author says succinctly what i have been
feeling about the middle for decades.
I thank and enciurage him to srticulate these
views - judging by the other commentary it will
be wasted on many but truth will win through
one day
Posted by asho, Tuesday, 14 July 2015 2:28:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy