The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wind turbines and infrasound > Comments

Wind turbines and infrasound : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 16/6/2015

Wind turbines emit infrasound and low frequency noise. It is also well established that inappropriate levels of infrasound, regardless of the source, cause adverse health impacts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Toni,

Thankyou for taking the trouble to oblige someone who hasn't "yet mastered the use of search engines".

I note that the diesel engine was a 9 cylinder plant used to generate electricity. You must drive one hell of a car!

The studies done are the basis for your original post. They might be right. They might be wrong. The problem with the internet is that ayone can put anything they like on it without the reviews and critcism learned papers are subjected to.

However, I cannot say that they are wrong, anymore than you can say they are right without strenuous investigation. But, the fact remains that people are having problems with windfarms that they did not have before the windfarms were there. And, there is also the fact that nobody keen on windfarms has brought up any of these studies to back their cause. I find it very strange that windfarm tragics have not jumped at this chance to use the information if it is true.

Could it be because it is only windfarms, not whales, elephants and 9 cylinder diesels on a remote island that are the issue for many rural Australians?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 June 2015 4:43:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//I note that the diesel engine was a 9 cylinder plant used to generate electricity.//

'The' diesel engine? You did read all those links I went to such trouble to provide you with, didn't you? They didn't all study the one same diesel engine.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 17 June 2015 6:45:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Senator,
It might be worthwhile asking someone to examine the waveshape
of the ultrasound. It almost certainly would not be a sinewave but
some more complex signal which could simulate heart pulse shape or
some other function.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 17 June 2015 7:08:21 PM
Infra sound is safe, probably just like asbestos. Lets see a generation away and who do we sue. I suggest a lien be placed on the Flannery's, Phil Addams and other noisy sources so damages can be paid.
Posted by McCackie, Thursday, 18 June 2015 4:09:34 PM
The link below list some of the sources of infra-sound sound which leads me to the conclusion that just about about every body encounters infra-sound every day.

I would therefore recommend the government put the following regulations be put in place post haste:-
No building be allowed within 2 Kilometers of the beach, airport, zoo, road, mountain, or water fall, and an infra-sound shelter should be mandatory on properties so that people can shelter from thunder storms, meteor showers, and Auroras.

For those concerned about the economics clearly the saving in medical expenses from what must surely be a huge public health problem would be so great that it would in effect become cost negative.

http://meteor.uwo.ca/research/infrasound/is_whatisIS.html
Posted by warmair, Friday, 19 June 2015 2:19:06 PM
Warmair,
It does seem unlikely that low frequency sound could cause any
sickness, but I have wondered about the possibility of a nervous system
interference possibility.
During a TV program about it they showed some video of a windfarm.
I compared the rate at which the blades passed the tower.
At the same time I felt my pulse and they were very close to the same rate.
The sound of a windturbine has a major component as the blade passes the tower.
If the body is subject to some pressure variation of the sound, is it
possible that a nerve signal that approximates the shape of a pulse
could interfere with the nervous system ?
If it affected the middle ear could it cause a seasickness like effect ?

It is a theory, but probably worth looking at.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 21 June 2015 6:58:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy