The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex marriage push threatens religious freedoms > Comments

Same-sex marriage push threatens religious freedoms : Comments

By Adam Ch'ng, published 10/6/2015

Regrettably, the AMF President is not the first casualty of this war against religious freedom – nor will he be the last.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. All
There are different ways to look at gay marriage, herein is the dichotomy, one is from the christian perspective and another from our modern day legal interpretation.

I think if we change the legal understanding of it and remove its traditional value of between an adult man and woman to just between one adult human being and another, this in its simplistic form is all it takes to solve the problem.
I can not understand all the BS & drama about this progressive change. Get over it, please! hence the contradiction spelled out in the new international version of the christian bible...

Mark 12:31 "The second is this, 'Love your neighbor as your self.' There is no commandment greater than these."
and what is the definition of "love" as communicated by this bible? perhaps 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 is the ultimate understanding of this most powerful of forces. I'm not going to quote it here because of space limitation, so if anyone cares, well I'm sure we all know how to search the net or even take the time to read it in the actual bible itself!

So dear National Forum readers, this comment is my view of gay marriage... and for the record, I do consider my self christian and its purely on the basis of love and compassion (as spelled out in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) that gay marriage can be justified under christian principles.
Posted by Rojama, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 1:06:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'The word "sin" has no place in my vocabulary '

No doubt Louisa. The 'progressives'have certainly redefined language to santise repulsive actions.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 4:02:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As always, runner, you demonstrate an amazing ability to confuse motes and logs.
Posted by Craig Minns, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 4:09:02 PM
So Adam,
You seem to think that *other people*, who do not share your religion, have some sort of obligation to pander to *your* religion's behavioural prescription. You further think that a failure of these people (who do not even share your religion) to act according to your preferences is an infringement of *your* rights.

I think you are a twit, a spoiled twit whose religious views just happen to have been sheltered beyond coddling by coercive force.

You, your views and your religion simply aren't that important. I wish you great frustration and disappointment.

The "bible" that *you* believe tells *you* how to live instructs *you* to mind your *own* sins foremost rather than those of others. Do get on with it.

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 4:27:54 PM
Yes, what we all need to keep us in line is all of the "moral"-codes that informed the practice of old-time religion - as described here:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/bible-atrocities
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 6:14:23 PM
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last, save one. 10 And runner did step forward, and said unto Jesus, I is I lord. I alone am without sin, I beseech you: let me cast the stone. 11 And Jesus said, By our own hand, runner. 12 And runner took a great stone and smote the woman mightily. 13 And Jesus was seen to shake his head and heard to mutter, Christ, why do I even bother?
- Runner 8:1-13
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 6:29:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19