The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex marriage push threatens religious freedoms > Comments

Same-sex marriage push threatens religious freedoms : Comments

By Adam Ch'ng, published 10/6/2015

Regrettably, the AMF President is not the first casualty of this war against religious freedom – nor will he be the last.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
The word "sin" has no place in my vocabulary and I can assure you that I have been able to assist many people to make positive changes in their lives.
Posted by Louisa, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 10:46:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a happily married heterosexual, I am pleased to announce my support for the principle of marriage equality.

I cannot see how allowing gay or lesbian couples the right to marry will, in any way, limit the religious freedoms of any one else, regardless of their religious expression. Nowhere in the Bible can I find a text whose meaning is that I will go to Hell if two men or two women somewhere else allowed to marry.

Marriage equality does not change the religious freedoms of anyone else!
Posted by Brian of Buderim, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 10:47:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And whatever happened to "We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 10:52:59 AM
I can see being aired some of the misleading statements which seem to confound sane and reasoned discussion of marriage equality. The fact that two men or two women are allowed the same access to marriage as a man and a woman have does not automatically open the door to multiple marriage, under-age marriage or marriage to a non-human entity.
Christians lose nothing by welcoming same-sex marriage.
Posted by Brian of Buderim, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 10:56:17 AM
So, Kerryn Phelps, pin up girl for lesbians, is also an anti-religous bigot (to use a favoured word of her lefty mates). An anti-free speech bigot, too. No surprise about about the HRC, which is interested only in the rights of a select few; nor the discriminatory advertising rules of SBS.

Adam need have no worries about 'Muslim wedding planners'', though. Muslims have their own special ways of dealing with homosexuals, as the unfortunate gays and their left wing supporters drain the moral fibre of the West enough for Islam to gain victory over us, they wiil come to realise their mistakes.

The morally bankrupt gays and their supporters are using the current cowardice of Western politicians to also remove religious influence from our lives altogether. They were never exposed to Christian ethics when young. They hate and fear what they don't understand, so they naturally rale against it.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 11:02:34 AM
Oh, and when the loony-left European Human Rights Court rules that gay marriage is NOT a human right, we can see what a bunch of out of control loons we have in Australia pushing the cause.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 11:10:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All