The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The futility of regret > Comments

The futility of regret : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 5/5/2015

In 2013 Ms Bishop did at least confirm that the Coalition considered WikiLeaks' activities 'to fall within the realms of journalistic endeavour' but qualified that.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
>fall within the realms of journalistic endevour<

I believe Mz B was being very polite and very diplomatic, if drawing a very long bow indeed, as indeed are you Kellie, when quoting her out of context!?

At no time is publish and be dammed anything like accredited journalism, which in the first instance requires validation and or, no harm ensues from publishing what we the people have no need to know! i.e., the completely private musings of public officials!

And this from a "man" who races to seek asylum; and on patently concocted fairy tales and shoveled by the shipload, rather than face the judiciary and unresolved sexual misconduct charges in Sweden; and in my view, for no other reason?

Jumping bail is a criminal act by a criminal, I believe, seeking only to avoid natural justice; and regardless of what it has cost his so called friends/moribund dupes!

I for one would ensure he gets on that plane ASAP and is then rendered a stateless person exiled from a list of countries, which would likely include all of Scandinavia, America and all her allies; ditto England and Australia and all their allies.

And given the state of so called press freedom in Ecuador, reasonable justice?

Let him be critical of the host government there; and or, publish and be dammed human rights violations there!

On the plus side, girls are cheap; and not wearing a condom when requested, is not considered rape there?

Albeit, knowingly passing on a life or health threatening STD, may well be seen even there, as attempted murder?

I was raised to believe to first consider the consequences of an action, regardless of what that action might be! And having considered what the consequences where, to only take that action if you were prepared to wear the consequences!

This I believe, is how a man acts, and not a cowering craven coward!

A+ for effort and or, moribund loyalty Kellie!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 9:48:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is it something about Assange's boyish charm that draws a worldwide menagerie of well-heeled women into his international cheer squad. Their is definitely a gender thing in his remaining support group.

Many of these women are lawyers including Kellie and https://youtu.be/AkZ0TyNM_ZQ .

Many of Assange's female support group are deserting him - from Dame Vivienne Westwood to the rich and famous (by association) Jemima Khan-Goldsmish.

For proof see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/9902321/Vivienne-Westwood-and-Jemima-Khan-have-lost-the-plot-over-Julian-Assange.html
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 10:20:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must admit to being more than a little skeptical of Julian Assange's plight.

JA was requested to return to Sweden to answer questions about behaviour that might have breached Swedish laws, he had not been charged with anything.

His reason for fighting the extradition request was primarily because he feared being further extradited to the US. As he had just been travelling through Sweden (who could just as easily extradited him to the US then but didn't) this excuse appears more than a little tenuous.

JA is not facing execution, at the most a light sentence if found guilty. Perhaps he should act like a man for a change and face the music.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 11:26:25 AM
So here Kellie, that well to do supporter of the downtrodden masses says it all.

Is she so naïve she has fallen for a rip off get rich at all costs, computer hacker, who has never shown any interest in anyone but himself? Perhaps it is simply a birds of a feather syndrome.

We can now assume that all this bleeding over her chosen downtrodden is merely a way of attacking the right of society.

Being a student activists long after leaving university is certainly a sign of nothing but immaturity.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 12:31:02 PM
Thank you Kellie for sticking your head above the parapet again, knowing as you probably do, that it would elicit the usual ignorant and ad hominen attacks found in the first four posts on this thread.

For the reasons you point out, Assange is right not to believe anything that Bishop might say about his risk of extradition to the US where, as Gareth Pierce and others have established, there is already a sealed indictment on charges that carry the death penalty and if he is "lucky" a 30 year stretch in some Federal hell hole like Chelsea Manning is enduring for identical conduct.

As Jeff Sparrow points out in today's Guardian online, there are clear limits on acceptable free speech in this country and when one steps outside those limits, then hell hath no fury like a government exposed for all its duplicity as has been the case with Assange's exposes of wrongdoing by the Australian government and many others.
Posted by James O'Neill, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 1:21:44 PM
James O'Putin - Oh yee o leftist humour.

A Facebook group calling itself Feminists for Free Speech has launched a defence of Assange:

"Glamorous babes (Jemima Khan, Bianca Jagger), political babes (Naomi Wolf and Arianna Huffington), and a host of enthralled female followers have been protesting “Julian, I want your babies”."

The Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police reports "These bimbos appear to be hot for Julian and so am I" she said. The popular women's blog Jezebel acknowledged the fascination of Julian's looks with a video showing the mighty morphing of his hair. Other bloggers have also gotten caught up in Julian fever —"Julianassnageisgorgeous".

And finally the "Julian Fanciers Guild" declared the elevation of Assange to "Justin Bieber status."

Way to go Julian!

Inspired by http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40704355/ns/health-sexual_health/t/julian-assange-unlikely-crush-object/#.VQlCco6Uf1Y
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 5 May 2015 2:00:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy