The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Armenian Genocide. Lest we forget. > Comments

The Armenian Genocide. Lest we forget. : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 21/4/2015

Twenty-five years before Nazi Germany’s leadership met in Wannsee to “solve” Europe’s Jewish problem, the Final Solution to the Armenian Question was put into practice in 1915.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
david f,

Do you remember the name of the film?

Way back in the 1980s my eldest son came back to Australia for a long visit and he needed a job.
The first interview that he got was with an obviously German gent (blond, German name), and to my son's surprise he spoke to him in Irish (son's surname was a giveaway).

My son had gone to Ireland as a small child and became a fluent Gaelic speaker; so he replied in kind and the whole interview was conducted in Irish.
He got the job.
The boss had studied Irish Gaelic at University in Germany and as part of his studies had spent 6 months in a Gaelic speaking area in Ireland, west of Galway, and they actually had mutual acquaintances.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 26 April 2015 9:06:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy