The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The South China Sea 'V-I-P' solution > Comments

The South China Sea 'V-I-P' solution : Comments

By Stewart Taggart, published 9/3/2015

Together Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines could exert enough influence on China to secure rational development of the Souith China Sea.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
They could!? But only as a "V-I-P" collective!

Besides, what other option is there besides negotiated cooperation with China, and from a position of collective strength?

Ditto Japan and Korea, with similar issues with a much bigger neighbor?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 9 March 2015 10:36:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder if there are implications with Chinese government companies
buying large farming areas and then importing Chinese workers despite
our 425 laws ?
If they can ride roughshod over the Law of the Sea they can get away with anything.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 9 March 2015 11:59:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There be warmongering swagger in your words S. Taggart.

Compared to Middle Kingdom China the collective power of your 3 is piddly, concerning:

- the Philippines (no modern major warships),

- Indonesia (old and/or small warships)

- Vietnam (2 active submarines + 1 new one against China's 40-60 subs).

The low world oil price is also a disincentive to fight over the South China Sea.

Take heed, for tomorrow the rising Sun glows over the Imperial Palace http://timesofsandiego.com/military/2014/08/19/top-admiral-resource-competition-chinas-rise-threaten-pacific/
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 9 March 2015 1:52:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy