The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Christmas: God has our measure > Comments

Christmas: God has our measure : Comments

By Craig Thompson, published 22/12/2014

The gospel writers are, in a sense, coming to terms with those 4 feet and 8½ inches they had about themselves in their encounter with God in Jesus.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
It's almost impossible to look at our world and all that's happening to and or in it, and then conceive of a divine entity, that loves us one and all, more than his very own sacrificed and crucified son!?

Yet every year at this time, this same message is shoved in our faces, or should that read, have our faces shoved in it, and based on seriously plagiarized reports emanating from the Middle East some 50-100 years after the alleged events.

I've always thought the greatest story ever told/mass manipulation mantra, was just a horse's arse, or the stuff dropping from it; only to find out it's double; and just as impersonal as those endlessly ringing Xmas cash registers?

And no that doesn't mean I don't believe in a creative force, or life after death or divine intelligence; just this particularly fanciful/highly embellished (adjust the facts to fit the requisite messianic mold) story!
Rhrosty
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 22 December 2014 9:22:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Craig,
Thank you for a great article. Do not be put of by the rather sour trolls that haunt this site.
Posted by Sells, Monday, 22 December 2014 9:48:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The word of *who*? countersigned by *who*? Carbon dated to * when*?

what you mean is the indoctrinated * opinion* of early "christians", a generation or two removed from the alleged events. A far cry from anything other than literature, at best.

Do call again.

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Monday, 22 December 2014 10:28:04 AM
I seem to remember reading that the unexamined life is not worth living; nor indeed, I contend, is the unexamined ideology or belief system!

But particularly for the initiated unsophisticated young tribesperson, having the which doctors bone (slow acting death ray) pointed at them!

I'm a troll foldy roll, I'm a troll foldy roll, I'm a troll foldy roll and I will eat you for supper.

Well that's what under bridge dwelling trolls, in far off story land do!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 22 December 2014 10:29:51 AM
Given some of the recorded intimacy with a whale by a former gospel (a whale of a tale or two) writer; it's a pity they couldn't have been guided by the size a fully extended sperm whale male appendage, which would have resulted in tunnels/chariots/railway lines/carriage axles etc, at least as twice as wide!

An consequently, much earlier examples of rapid rail and rockets standing twice as tall and wide i.e.

And given relevant measurements, a havey wall banger wouldn't have sent you straight to the hospital, but directly to the morgue/into permanent orbit, or reserved solely as rocket fuel!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 22 December 2014 10:49:11 AM
What's Thor got to do with Christmas ?
Posted by Valley Guy, Monday, 22 December 2014 11:42:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy