The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Unearthing past remains key to resolving Palestinian future > Comments

Unearthing past remains key to resolving Palestinian future : Comments

By David Singer, published 2/9/2014

The PLO (founded in 1964) and Hamas (founded in 1987) both seek to unravel the decisions made at San Remo in 1920.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Well that has blighted my day, more vomit from our Mr Singer.

From the very first sentence the crap commences.

“The cease fire agreement ending hostilities in the Fifty Day War between Israel and Hamas marks yet another milestone attesting to the failure of Jews and Arabs to peacefully resolve their claims to sovereignty and self-determination in the territory once called "Palestine".”

Note what should have read 'Israelis and Palestinians' in Mr Singer's obscene world is just “Jews and Arabs”. Is there a more racist individual posting articles on OLO?

But there is one thing that has brightened me up. The news the the Israeli human rights organisation B'Tselem has been short listed for the Vaclav Havel human rights prize.

“Human rights are universal and indivisible. Human freedom is also indivisible: if it is denied to anyone in the world, it is therefore denied, indirectly, to all people. This is why we cannot remain silent in the face of evil or violence; silence merely encourages them”

http://www.btselem.org/press_releases/20140828_vaclav_havel_prize_nomination
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 10:51:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One comment 21 hours ago!

Could it be that the Singer has reached his use-by date, that the readership of OLO has finally twigged to what the Singer's duplicitous agenda really is?

I would like to wish Singer good riddance and to observe that he has set back the cause of God's Children so much that they may never recover!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 3 September 2014 7:11:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#SteeleRedux

Appears you only read the first paragraph of my article. You should read it all - or maybe you have and could find no exception with the rest.

"Jews and Arabs" is what I meant - and those terms were used for very good reason.

Before 1948 there were no "Palestinians and Israelis". The use of these terms deliberately buries the history of the conflict between Jews and Arabs since 1920.

Those missing 27 years are crucial to understanding what the Jewish-Arab conflict is about

As my article states:

"... one can confidently nominate the 1920 San Remo Conference as the legal basis for founding the State of Israel, when England, France, Italy, and Japan agreed to divide the areas of the 400 years old Ottoman Empire conquered by them in World War 1 into three mandates – Mesopotamia (now Iraq), Syria/Lebanon and Palestine.

This carve up was intended to see Arab self-determination eventually achieved in 99.99% of the conquered Ottoman territory and Jewish self-determination in the remaining 0.01%."

Imagine - the Arabs got 99.99% of the conquered Ottoman territory available for divvying up between Arabs and Jews in 1920 - and another 77% of the remaining 0.01% in 1922.

Almost 100 years later the Arabs are sending SteeleRedux, DavidG, Foxy and other Arab supporters into paroxysms of fury and Jew hatred because the Jews dare seek to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in the remaining 0.0023% of the conquered Ottoman territory unanimously promised to them by all 51 member States of the League of Nations on the terms set out in the Mandate for Palestine.

"Palestinians" is the invention of the 1967 PLO Charter. In 1920 the Arab residents of Palestine were included among the "non-Jewish communities in Palestine".

If you don't like reading this article because its truths unsettle you and blight your day - go read the history books from 1920 onwards.

#DavidG

I am certainly not going away and I hope OLO will continue to publish my articles - but good riddance to all you Jew haters if you boycott responding in future.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 3 September 2014 10:49:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Singer,

I comment here because; “This is why we cannot remain silent in the face of evil or violence; silence merely encourages them”.

The evil and violence of the Likud party in taking the lives of over 1800 Gazans, most of them civilians and many of them children makes your inane untruths, your racism, your turning over of your little refuse heap of San Remo was this - Jordan is that, just so bloody puerile.

Your hatreds have made you such a one dimensional small person and I have come to regard you as the best example of a 'self-hating Jew' I know.

Why? Because by putting yourself forward as the premier spokesperson for the conduct of the Israeli government on OLO you add insult to injury to the general regard for which Jewish people are held in this country.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 4 September 2014 10:12:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy