The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shh! Ladies, no laughing! > Comments

Shh! Ladies, no laughing! : Comments

By Andee Jones, published 4/8/2014

It is easy to forget that not until the twentieth century was the mother’s equal genetic contribution to the child understood, and even then only among the educated classes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Willies
Your last statement
“ the human mitochondrial genome accounts for 0.0005 percent of the total human genetic information.”
is inconsistent with EVERY ONE of the statements you quoted.

This means
a) you, and
b) they, despite their high authority
are all wrong, and I knew better, and now you've admitted it, so please don’t bore me with your supercilious tripe about ‘more informed opinion’.

“ then readers can make up their own minds about how much weight an argument carries.”
Until you have accepted and admitted that you and all the sources you cited were wrong, and that it’s you with the less informed opinion, you are not in any position to talk down to me about how much weight my argument carries.

‘The truth will set you free’. If you’re openly defending untruth after it’s been pointed out to you, what makes you think you’re not embracing still more fallacies that you’re not even aware of? Next you need to understand and admit that the energy supply of the cell has its origin in the mitochondrial genome.

You have done nothing to diminish my remarkably fine argument, but given a good example of defence of untruth and illogical by appeal to absent authority that just happens to be wrong.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Wednesday, 6 August 2014 1:37:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy