The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The birth of a lost generation > Comments

The birth of a lost generation : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 19/5/2014

The misdirected policies of the Abbott government are turning young people who need a little help from a long term asset into a current liability.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Individual, I don't need to twist your words at all, I know exactly what you mean.
You are having a go at nurses, so what job do you do?
Let's hope this dreadful budget doesn't adversely affect you....
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 20 May 2014 10:38:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline,
I'm not having a go at nurses I'm merely pointing out that this holier than thou feigning doesn't wash with the thinkers. I do know good nurses & a few good Doctors as well but they usually get kicked out for treading on bureaucrats' toes.
If my pay is worth 50 dollars less because of the budget then so be it but I would certainly not describe it as adverse.
We're definitely into the second generation of useless citizens now & i can not think of a better way of arresting this dreadful trend any other way than a non military national service from 19 to 21 for everyone, including boat people. The cost would be no more if not less than what's being wasted on hare brained schemes & their administration now. The 16,000 public service positions that are being done away with could probably safely be doubled if we were serious about weeding out incompetent & expensive bureaucrats who could be demoted to their level of competence. Savings all round & those savings could be pooled for a fund to compensate victims of crime.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 20 May 2014 12:32:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Kellie is running a protection racket. Unless the taxpayers keep shovelling the money into the pockets of Labor voters, well gee, they could get desperate. They might run around robbing and doing all sorts of things to you taxpayers. They may assault a government Minister, or take over a TV panel show and scream at the audience.

You have to keep funding the needle exchanges, the surfers at Byron Bay, the hippies at Nimbin, the aborigines, the ethnic ghettoes with high levels of crime and welfare dependence, the refugees, the boat people, the housing commission inhabitants who own rental properties, the public servants the social workers, the single mums who have become pregnant numerous times and don't know who the fathers are, the rich students at uni who want a free tertiary education, and any other Labor voter with their begging bowls out.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 20 May 2014 8:23:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy