The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine mandate legally triumphs over discredited PLO charter > Comments

Palestine mandate legally triumphs over discredited PLO charter : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/5/2014

The American and PLO failure to achieve the 'two-state solution' after 20 years of fruitless negotiations represents a lost opportunity not likely to return.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
There is an easily read and very informative recent book by Gareth Porter called Manufactured Crisis - The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare.
Iran is not a threat to Israel, except inasmuch as Israel has made it so.
And, no, the world does NOT need any degree of a nuclear war.
Posted by halduell, Saturday, 10 May 2014 9:57:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To all you Jew haters out there

I understand your shock at the inevitable collapse of the PLO - Israel Negotiations as evidenced by your terse one liners.

For too long you have been more intent on shooting the messenger and ignoring the message which was contained in my first article published on OLO in 2008:

"Presidential Nominee Barack Obama took only 14 words to effectively put paid to the idea that a third Palestinian State - in addition to Israel and Jordan - will be created during his term as President if he wins the forthcoming election in November.

Addressing the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) in Washington this week Mr Obama declared:

… any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state.

Mr Obama had previously made this viewpoint very clear when answering a question put to him at a meeting of 100 members of the Cleveland Jewish Community on February 24, 2008:

Israel has to remain a Jewish state and what I believe that means is that any negotiated peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians is going to have to involve the Palestinians relinquishing the right of return as it has been understood in the past. And that doesn't mean that there may not be conversations about compensation issues.
Mr Obama - like President Bush - has now given his unequivocal support to Israel's rejection of the 40-year-old demand by the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO) - endorsed by the 22 member States of the Arab League - that millions of former Arab residents or their descendants be allowed to emigrate to Israel."

All that time money and effort spent to achieve a zilch result that was blindingly obvious from day 1.

I won't hold my breath waiting

You can however make amends.

Express your thoughts on whether negotiations between Jordan and Israel to draw the international boundary between their two respective states can succeed where the PLO- Israel negotiations failed after twenty years of futile efforts to end the 130 years old Jewish-Arab conflict.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 14 May 2014 8:00:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy