The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABC is under attack for no good reason > Comments

The ABC is under attack for no good reason : Comments

By Klaas Woldring, published 16/4/2014

Statements by PM Tony Abbott and some of his associates that the ABC is not barracking for the 'home team' and is 'un-Australian' presumably prepare the ground for funding and program cuts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Dear Imajulianutter,

Kinldy show me where I have stated that I am from the
Left.

Dear Spindoc,

I have no control over what your opinion is of
me. Think whatever you wish. If you think that
I am a "fraudster" simply because I choose
with whom to engage and how to engage - then
perhaps there are very good reasons for the
choices I make. And please explain - how your
having a problem with me - is my problem?
In any case - I'm sorry that I've somehow
disappointed you. You on the other hand have
risen to my expectations.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 12:50:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No Foxy,

Read it again.

I did not accuse you of being a fraud because you << choose with whom to engage and how to engage >>.

I called you a fraud because you told big fat “porkies” and because when confronted with your lies you abdicated.

Apologize and withdraw or forever stand as a cheat on OLO.

I’m so disappointed that you turned out to be just another fraudster.

I’m done with you. Until next time of course.
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 12:59:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear spindoc,

You really are a "spin" merchant.
"Big fat porkies?"
Really?
I cited facts that were gleaned
from various sources - Newspoll,
Prof. Glen Withers, et cetera.
I also did not "abdicate."
As General Douglas McArthur once stated -
"I am not retreating, I am advancing in a
different direction."
As for your being "done" with me.
That infers that you were actually inter-acting.
Whereas - all you're doing is expressing
your opinion - and
I am merely being polite to you.
"Noblesse oblige" - and all that.
And don't count on "until the next time,"
I may be in a different mood then.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 2:03:03 PM
No Foxy,

More Porkies and they are getting bigger!

You say << I cited facts that were gleaned from various sources - Newspoll, Prof. Glen Withers, et cetera.>> I’ve already asked you twice for these “gleaned” links and you keep refusing. Where are these Foxy “facts”. I cannot find any of them and neither can you?

OK, Foxy’s Porkie No 1;

Foxy says << For almost 3 times the population of Australia – the BBC receives almost ten times the funding of the ABC (ABC and BBC Annual Reports).

Unsubstantiated rubbish that is not in either the ABC or BBC reports as you allege, or if you prefer the direct approach, big fat lies.

Put up or shut up Foxy, you are a fabricator. Duck and weave as much as you want but in the end you are caught out by your own porkies unless you provide your sources of “gleaned facts”.

On the other hand you can always try your normal tactics, “Who me? I don’t tell lies, I’m a sweet innocent and compassionate con artist and if I get caught out I point to more Unicorns and smile”.

When I accused you of lack of integrity I meant specifically your inability to admit to your porkies.

What happened to you Foxy? You used to represent honor, integrity, compassion and honesty on OLO. Now you are just another cheat.
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 2:41:23 PM
Foxy,
While I don't agree with your position, and I have been generally arguing against the privilege assumed by the ABC, I also think that our discussion here should be somewhat tempered, less personal, and more to the point. I think Spindoc has become a little unhinged. It doesn't help when we descend to name calling. 

Name calling is a sign of desperation. Spindoc, everyone here has opinions, and we enjoy airing our views. But a difference of opinion is not sufficient grounds to call someone a liar, or any other loose insult.
Posted by Dan S de Merengue, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 3:35:51 PM
foxy

No you are right, you didn't state your were a leftie.
What I should have said is that the statements you have made indicate you are a leftie.

Now to clarify, tell us you are not leftie.

And when you do that please also answer my previous questions. Those answers will indicate the obvious ABC bias.
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 6:20:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All