The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's food security > Comments

Australia's food security : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 2/4/2014

'...If our population grows to 35-40 million and climate change constrains food production, we can see years where we will import more food than we export...'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
"I was simply putting up papers which critiqued AGW; and alleged internal inconsistency between these papers was grist for the mill."

So cohenite, you don't really care about the truth of the matter? All you care about is whether there is a critique of AGW.

I have been aware for several years that this was the case, but it is nice of you to confirm it for all the other readers.

You can trust me to remind you of this at frequent intervals.
Posted by Agronomist, Monday, 7 April 2014 1:04:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're a piker agro; all bleat and no beef. Criticism from you is like a breeze from an ant passing wind.
Posted by cohenite, Monday, 7 April 2014 2:44:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Again, you are all worrying about the wrong problem;

First, our population should not exceed what food we can produce in the worse drought.
Second, food production is directly proportional to the amount of energy consumed producing it.
Third, we will be importing 100% of our diesel & petrol.
A war or other disturbance could put us into starvation in three weeks.

And you are worrying about 2 degrees !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 April 2014 3:58:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy