The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stop the boats? Thinking about refugee policy and human rights > Comments

Stop the boats? Thinking about refugee policy and human rights : Comments

By Jack Maxwell, published 24/3/2014

It’s difficult to believe, but 60 per cent of Australians want the government to increase the severity of the treatment of asylum seekers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
It doesn't surprise me that the {now extinct) Labor government of Tasmania piously proclaimed that Tasmania would take in all the refugees that the mainland did not want.

My recent visit to Tasmania amazed me in that there was barekly an ethnic to be seen anywhere. I felt I was in a time warp where I was back in Australia during the pre Whitlam era when the White Australia Policy still protected our people and our culture. It just goes to show that the old refrain that "those who ae most enamoured of multiculturalism, are the ones who live the furtherest away from it's consequences."

Tasmania is a sleepy little place. What it needs is a population of Arabs inhabiting a particular suburb and filling the night with the sounds of gunshots, like we have here in Sydney. This would stimulate the economy through job creation in the prisons, courts and police industries. I have always wondered whether the fact that so many lawyers are enamoured of multiculturalism is because they see boat people as their new clientele.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 28 March 2014 3:28:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
101 days and no boats arriving on Australia.

That's what the majority voted for.
Posted by imajulianutter, Sunday, 30 March 2014 7:34:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why would anyone voluntarily relocate to Tasmania? The greens and labor are taking it back to the stone age.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 31 March 2014 7:56:27 AM
They were, but not any more, after the last election.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 31 March 2014 8:08:03 AM
By their electrol choice Tasmanians have shown they are quiet appreciative.

Lol that must be a real blow.

Bj do you like 'craw'.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 31 March 2014 2:31:02 PM
Oops Jb on two counts.

I misread your post and my mind slipped on your name.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 31 March 2014 2:33:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All