The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > US Senator Kerry's climate nostrums will make the patient worse > Comments

US Senator Kerry's climate nostrums will make the patient worse : Comments

By James Rust, published 21/3/2014

Secretary Kerry's solutions to the non-existent global warming problem can be compared to the pre-20th century medical practice of bloodletting - patients not cured and many die.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
Dear Leo Lane,

Come on mate even though the President did flag problems with Kyoto do you really want to call him a liar?

These are his words;

“The issue of climate change respects no border. Its effects cannot be reined in by an army nor advanced by any ideology. Climate change, with its potential to impact every corner of the world, is an issue that must be addressed by the world.”

“The Kyoto Protocol was fatally flawed in fundamental ways. But the process used to bring nations together to discuss our joint response to climate change is an important one. That is why I am today committing the United States of America to work within the United Nations framework and elsewhere to develop with our friends and allies and nations throughout the world an effective and science-based response to the issue of global warming.”

… “we know the surface temperature of the earth is warming. It has risen by .6 degrees Celsius over the past 100 years. There was a warming trend from the 1890s to the 1940s. Cooling from the 1940s to the 1970s. And then sharply rising temperatures from the 1970s to today.”

I thought this was a sound, science based position to take. Why don't you?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 21 March 2014 6:31:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steele asks, “Why don’t you?” I don’t, because my thinking process does not suffer the disability of Steele’s, someone who supports a blatant frud..
Obama said the planet is warming. Warming stopped 17 years ago. Even the lying fraud backers admit to it being “paused”. Obama said it is warming faster than anyone thought it would ten years ago.A clumsy, inexcusable lie

He also said about human contribution: "The overwhelming judgment of science — of chemistry and physics and millions of measurements — has put all that (doubt) to rest."

That is a baseless inelegant and unforgiveable lie

Yes, Steele, I call Obama a liar, but being a fraud backer yourself, you would not succumb to irrefutable evidence, and acknowledge him to be a liar.

You also continue to avoid the issue of any justification for your support of the AGW fraud. Can you think of any? It may be as difficult to find as science demonstrating any measurable effect of human emissions on climate
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 21 March 2014 10:13:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yup. It's like I was thinking as I watched that program with water pouring over the roads - That's not a rising sea. That's what happens when so many happy fish rush towards shore looking to share their news:
Everything is hunky dory down in the deep.
Fishing as usual.
Catch us if you can find us, you nutters.
Posted by halduell, Friday, 21 March 2014 11:19:49 PM
The Higgs Boson finding has made me realize that we are taken for a ride by scientists.
We are told that "atoms" exist, they are in everything.
I wonder whether any of the astute posters on this site have ever seen an atom? Have they ever touched an atom? What do atoms sound like?
They are in constant movement the scientists tell us. The science to "discover" these supposed things has created a multi billion dollar industry world wide. The structure of "atoms" that we can't see, is meant to change and lots of creative names are given to the different changed non existent bits. Some are called "oxygen", others are called "hydrogen". The one that's really causing lots of havoc at present is "carbon dioxide", it is a particularly useful one because lots of revenue is going to scientists who say that "carbon dioxide" does certain things, while others are given huge donations to say that the non-existent "carbon dioxide" doesn't do the things that are said. One such group is called Heartlands, they get huge donations from fossil fuel industry to say that "carbon dioxide", something that doesn't exist, doesn't do the things that those pesky scientists say.

It really is sad for some people, who don't belong to the Science fraternity or get paid like many Heartland employees do because they are giving up their free time to argue about something that doesn't exist.

How do I know that atoms don't exist; it's through faith, and I have a right to that opinion. "Atoms" are not meant to be solid they are broken down into smaller bits with space between those bits. Solid things like wood or metal are meant to be made up of these fraudulently named "atoms". Solid bits of matter are made up of small particles that have spaces between them, scientists must think we are dumb to believe that.

I bet that 99% of people have not seen an "atom", so not having seen them how can they say 'atoms" exist, remember its a huge industry.
Posted by ant, Saturday, 22 March 2014 5:03:01 AM
In addition:
Just to prove my point further in recent years those pesky scientists have "discovered" things called "chromosomes"; once again being very smart as "chromosomes" can't be seen, they have broken the "chromosome " up further calling the smaller parts "genes", and its developed into a nice little income earner. They show "chromosomes" as little rectangles placed next to one another. That's fraud really as I can go to any super market and buy items with bar charts and get those free; yet, scientists are being paid to provide something we can get free.
Posted by ant, Saturday, 22 March 2014 5:05:03 AM
To ant,

I see you're having a bit of fun here. That's good. All folks need to lighten up a bit with this AGW stuff and humour is good for everyone.

But let me tell you that writing humour is one of the hardest things to write. My free advice: practice some more before going public next time. The above is not very funny or witty in my opinion. Never mind.

To the point of your muse, people believe in atoms and nuclear theory (without actually seeing atoms) because the theory can be understood and explained. The theory can be proven in predictable, reproducible and observable experiments and tests. So called 'splitting the atom' results in big bangs and can produce safe, predictable energy, reliably and observably. So people accept the theory.

That's the difference between nuclear science and the climate science conjecture regarding carbon dioxide. Climate scientists cannot produce any reproducible and consistently observable experiments or tests without some form of obfuscation and extrapolation of data - which becomes contentious. So I remain unconvinced that they really know what they're doing. For me the science is not settled, but I continue to evaluate with interest and an open mind.

And BTW ant, carbon dioxide is not an atom, it's a molecule. True story. Go check it out.

To imajulianutter,

Good list and I too am waiting for the replies.

I have one more item to add to your list of requested data from the scientists - a graph showing global mean sea level pressure anomalies for the same periods they endlessly show us temperature: 1890 to present.

I look for it, but I can't find this information presented in complete simple formats. Of course the data are there, but not in a digestible form.

Cheers all.
Posted by voxUnius, Saturday, 22 March 2014 9:35:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All