The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Children at play > Comments

Children at play : Comments

By Judy Crozier, published 9/1/2014

From this I concluded that gendered roles are largely to do with gendered language. In fact, I put it to you that it turned out He-Man, Skeletor et al were just dolls after all.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Manufacturers and retailers produce and sell only what people wish to buy. Unlike people who have no experience of real life – those who base everything they ‘believe’ on equally unworldly and politically motivated brainwashing by university lecturers – the business community actually has to satisfy and serve people to make a living; they cannot sit back, splendidly isolated, in usually tax payer provided, ivory towers.

That’s why shops are laid out in boy and girl aisles. Unlike the author, they cannot just sit back and try to dictate what their customers should want. The customer is always right.

Those-who-know-what’s-best-for-the-rest of us also overlook instinct. Most males and females are born with male or female instincts, and there is nothing these social engineers can do about that, even though Ms. Crozier tried an engineering experiment on her own boys with a doll’s house. And, of course the boys ‘nasty’ dolls went to bed in the dolls house which their loved mum made for them: he-men and boys have to go to bed sometime, too.

What a grand experiment to base Ms. Crozier’s gender beliefs on! She doesn’t continue with her findings on the effects of her experiment on the boys.

The one with the little girl and the toaster, and the assumed “assumption” of “someone” is unbelievable.

When kids are forming their likes and dislikes, they have not heard of ‘gender bias’, ‘gender discrimination’, ‘women’s studies’ and so forth. It’s all about how they feel and want the want. Most of them end with what the want -except for the never-satisfied minority of both sexes
Posted by NeverTrustPoliticians, Thursday, 9 January 2014 11:28:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He Man and Skeletor had a "doll's house" playset called Castle Greyskull (figures sold separately LOL) my little brother had all the bits and bobs and what he didn't have he improvised out of Lego.
I have two daughters, no sons, my wife is a practical woman who is much at ease with Autocad as she is with a curling iron and I'm a tradesman so we're not Ken and Barbie. What have our little princesses wanted for Christmas every year since they were about ten? Makeup,clothes, skin and hair care products, expensive stationery and spending money.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 9 January 2014 11:32:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if genders are not different why has the education system been dumbed down in order for boys to do badly and girls to do well?
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 January 2014 1:02:26 PM
Judy get out of the city the university, & away from the chattering classes, & try some observation. It really does work better than chatter at intellectual dinner parties.

I don't provide different toys to my colts or fillies. They all run in the same paddock for some time, until they quite naturally start to display their male & female characteristics. It is only at this time they are separated.

The colts don't even have a stallion as a role model, something I'm sure your chatterers would almost demand for boys, but their hormones do the job, just as ours do.

Amazingly, the same goes for my cows & bulls, even the nanny & Billy goats I had for a while.

It really is a pity that more humans are not too busy earning their living to have time for such idle garbage.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 9 January 2014 2:52:14 PM
So the National Breast Cancer Federation is sexist? Pink logo, pink everywhere. Even on cricket stumps to fund raise.

No problem, easy solution, just turn the millions over for the presently vastly under-funded research into cancers affecting men. Pink cheques are fine.

Problem solved.

Ahem, now what about that purple, white and green 'iconic' colours of the women's movement? White is never right according to the left feminists. Or should that be white is always 'Right' (and hated white men), and wrong (so obviously!)?

Purple and green stand out as colours so often preferred by girls and women. Forgetting that though, weren't the big knobs of women's movement being sexist themselves, choosing purple and green?

Come to think of it, the Women's Electoral Lobby and radical feminists, especially the lesbian feminists, go ape over purple.

http://radfemspeak.net/the-fury/aust-radfems.html

Re that site, the symbolism of purple lilies is something else. Purple vaginas. You go, Grrls! LOL

Hey, why wasn't purple mentioned and what should be done about that blatant sexism? Green too, hear the hissing feminists saying that green is ours, iconic even?

What was that again about people who live in glass houses?

But honestly, what red-blooded man cares about colour? Take a man and a woman to choose a car and the guy is immediately fixated on mechanical stuff while the women is instantly transfixed by the colour choices. Only women can distinguish umpteen colours of red. Fashion. I never thought of it but I guess they can see different hues of pink, purple and green too.

Preferences differing, interesting but who cares, just rejoice, "Vive la difference!".
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 9 January 2014 3:42:07 PM
"Judy Crozier began as a baby journalist with the Melbourne Times!"

That must've created quite a stir among the other journalists, eh? Did they change her nappies?

Seriously though, humans receive non-stop conditioning from the moment they are born. They learn that to imitate brings them kisses and hugs and to rebel is to end up in a naughty corner or with a smack, or both.

The extent of human conditioning is shown by the almost universal acceptance of war and greed, both of which all too often combine and make a handful of folk very, very rich.

The impact of the endless conditioning and the sterility of our educational institutions is reflected in our complete inability to question. When was the last time you sat down and asked yourself: who am I and what am I doing with my sheeple-like life? Is being a consumer all I am good for?

What other skills and abilities do I have? Is living in 'Boxes without Topses' with others who mow the lawn every Saturday what I was born for?

Seven billion creatures of habit is what we are.

We deserve our empty, carbon-copy lives!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 9 January 2014 4:17:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy