The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bin Laden's imprisonment from 2005 > Comments

Bin Laden's imprisonment from 2005 : Comments

By Peter Coates, published 20/12/2013

My contention is that from 2005 UBL was not merely hiding at Abbottabad but in most respects a prisoner, behind the high walls of the compound.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Close... but no cigar.

Actually , Elvis , who was a Garage attendant in Abbottabad in 2005 discovered the whereabouts of UBL.

This Info he then passed on to his close buddy , Harold Holt who , naturally , gave it to the Chinese.

It was the Chinese who kept UBL imprisoned, on behalf of the Americans, until he started complaining about the standard of the Chinese Take Away that they were supplying .

That sealed the fate of UBL
Posted by Aspley, Friday, 20 December 2013 8:09:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"All credit to the Pakistani leaders, Pakistani intelligence, President Obama, US intelligence and even President Bush, for making the six year Abbottabad Operation happen."

Peter's gushing tribute to the above mentioned people and groups doesn't go far enough. What about the postman that brought the mail each day and the man who emptied the goez-under?

What amazes me about this article is that it seems to suggest that Drone King Obama actually MIGHT have achieved a small success.

It contrasts strongly with his many failures in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Posted by David G, Friday, 20 December 2013 8:25:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Peter but I just don’t get this article.

Where is it going? Where has it come from? What is the proposition?

There is plenty of content, lots of possibilities and many lost opportunities to come to a point. Sadly I can’t find it.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 20 December 2013 8:40:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only problem with this article/proposition --apart from it being unproven--is that it feeds the hate America brigade who have long been angling to make Osama's killing another dastardly US deed.

DavidG et la haven't woken up to its implications yet, but when they get their heads together and add it their preferred hypothesis that the CIA and Israel blow-up the twin towers --WOW!

PS loved Aspley's post -good stuff!
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 20 December 2013 8:48:01 AM
@ David G yes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were going fine until Mr O became US Prez.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 20 December 2013 10:06:31 AM
Hi David G

Yes intelligence successes are difficult to accept. To say that some organisations like the NSA did something right and useful is sheer sacrilege amongst the chatterati. And beside Obama's mother loved him, at birth.

@spindoc

Writing this much in the article is testing the patience of some who run things. So its apropos of much more.

@SPQR

I think a major Western-Pak intelligence success provides different messages for different political leanings. It may well frustrate "the hate America brigade" to discover that their pet hates (eg. NSA) are far more benign than some.

@Aspley

I regret to inform you, your idol, Elvis, croaked in 1977. In any case the bloke didn't speak the lingo - Arabic and Urdu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urdu :)

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 20 December 2013 10:28:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy