The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Embracing the arrogance of Kevin Rudd > Comments

Embracing the arrogance of Kevin Rudd : Comments

By Jed Lea-Henry, published 3/12/2013

Arrogance can only be labelled as such after it is demonstrated in an open forum, after it becomes apparent to others that majority opinion and moral consensus have no impact on the decision making process of a particular individual.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
"If anything had been obvious over the last 3 years, it is that Kevin Rudd was only interested in being a member of parliament if it meant leading the parliament."

Not in the Jim Hacker sense...

"It's the peoples' will. I am their leader; I must follow them."

Now if you'd said, "...that Kevin Rudd was only interested in being a member of parliament if it meant commanding the parliament."

I might have agreed.

As a nation we are noted for our self-deprecating sense of humour and it is only to be expected that arrogance is its antithesis. So arrogance needs to be well concealed to succeed... usually in politics its overwhelming hubris prevents this.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 8:55:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Jed, you have too much interest in your words, & not enough in the point I assume you were trying to make. Do you actually have a point, or was this just a vehicle to sprout words.

The only bit I could remember by the finish of dredging through the all the words was the Rudd was a "bastard" quote.

You didn't have to fill all that space to say that. In fact you didn't have to say it at all, we all knew he was a "bastard".

You could have just said he was a dumb B, & saved a lot of time.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 9:37:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jeb, you may not know it but Rudd is dead, buried and cremated according to that wondrous wordsmith of suppository fame, Tony Abbott!

We are now witnessing the unbelievable blunderings and triple-pikes and clown antics of the Abbott circus in case you didn't know.

Perhaps you could write about something that is topical rather than distastefully raking over Rudd's corpse?
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 9:51:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, we “average citizens” have got it wrong again; when most of us, including Kevin Rudd’s party ‘allies’ thought he was the weirdest, most self-centred and out of control politician we have ever experienced, we should really been “applauding” him.

And, damn it all, our egalitarian Australianism prevents us from ‘reasoning’ through arrogance! When we hear a “superior tone”, we should be quiet and listen: as long as the user of that superior tone doesn’t try to obfuscate.

Not having seen the Hitchens interview, I cannot comment on his lack of obfuscation but, after enough of Rudd’s blather to last several lifetimes, I and other “average citizens" can vouch that he obfuscated non-stop; nothing was clear or understandable.

Rudd certainly had “ideological conviction”, but “intellectual integrity”, or integrity of any kind actually displayed in his actions, well….”. If he was, as the author claims, “planning for a life outside of politics” while his playing politics ruined Australia, integrity is not a word which should be used to describe Kevin Rudd.

As for remembering Rudd only for his Rudd: well what else is there to remember?
Posted by NeverTrustPoliticians, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 10:46:41 AM
Sorry: only for his arrogance, not his Rudd.
Posted by NeverTrustPoliticians, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 10:48:43 AM
"It was the style rather than the contents of his governance that brought about its downfall." Oops Sorry Jed, you have that about 180 degrees in the opposite direction. 'We the people' wouldn't give a damn if he was a "bastard", if he had governed effectively with policies that were sensible, who cares what sort of person he was, we didn't have to work with him. Move the Navy to 'Brissie'.... Sheesh! The man was a nutter.
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 11:10:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy