The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The attack on the 'Nurturing Knight' > Comments

The attack on the 'Nurturing Knight' : Comments

By Warwick Marsh, published 26/11/2013

Being a Knight in Shining Armour for his children is the ambition that supersedes all others for Australian fathers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I gained custody of my children in the early 90s. That was extremely unusual in those times
My experience is that children, no matter how damaged, are very adaptable and respond positively to regimes and structures that include openness, gentleness, discipline, fun and love. They regress in stressful, angry or bitter situations.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 5:33:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Couldn't agree with you more I gained custody in the late 90's. My daughter came from a very poor start in life, yet she has achieved so well. The sad fact is though that if the whole family law industry had, had their way it would never have been. She is doing the 2nd year of a PHD now. My daughter came from very much poor socio economic/working class. The sad fact is that very few fathers get the chance I was given and in so many cases it is not the fathers fault. When a father is faced with the daunting prospect of fighting for his child in the so called family court the barriers are almost insurmountable. Been there, done that,
Posted by eyeinthesky, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 6:23:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aristocrat,

Feminism (and feminists like Killarney) may be vacuous but it is anything but simply defeated. Feminism is the dominant ideology of our times it permeates every aspect of our schools, institutions and public life.
Some advice for Big Tones:
- abolish the Family Court. Sack every one of the man-hating judges and start again.
- privatize the ABC
- Defund the universities so that people only go there to study rather than become indoctrinated with Left wing propaganda.

That would be a start.
Posted by dane, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 9:33:45 PM
Oh dear me.
Yet another anti-female rant that blames all women kind on all the problems of the world.

Luckily, most of us know that the bulk of men don't feel that way and are managing to live just fine in our modern world.

The author is dreaming of the 'good ol' days' as usual.
Back when men were God-fearing he-men, and 'their' little women stayed home and did as they were told.

Sorry Warrick, a new secular, more equal, society has emerged, and the vast majority of men and women in today's world are happy with that...
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 11:47:04 PM
Greatly appreciate the range of comments on the article. The Attack on the Nurturing Knight is not meant to be an anti-woman rant. Please forgive me if it somehow comes across that way. The article is more a comment on the attack on the report and the Aussie men who shared their heart in the report and a plea for something to be done about the epidemic of male suicide and the power of being listened too.
Posted by Warwick Marsh, Thursday, 28 November 2013 1:48:40 PM
Warwick, everyone is concerned about male suicide, as we all realise it is more males involved in these tragedies than females.

All the males who do commit suicide undoubtedly have female relatives and friends who loved them, so there is no conspiracy out there to 'emasculate' men,

Living in the country , as I do, I know that the vast majority of male suicides occur amongst country men and indigenous men, and that most do not involve custody battles, as you seem to insinuate.

It is not helpful to apportion blame on women or 'feminists' for what is essentially an epidemic of depression amongst all levels of society and both genders.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 28 November 2013 9:15:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy