The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia under new mismanagement? > Comments

Australia under new mismanagement? : Comments

By Lyn Bender, published 18/11/2013

If the Labor government was a complete 'shambles' what do we have now?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I wonder if all the pro Abbott people will be so pleased with our democratic paradise in 3 years, when it comes up for renewal?
While I admit that the choice between "the devil and the deep sea" is a drawback, the alternative of a labour government would not have done so much harm as being abbottised.
The way we are headed with the quality of politicians, even the Palmer party will look attractive soon.
Good luck to you all. I am opting out of the system and will probably be leaving world one day.
My main aim is to be here when the SRHTF and be able to say "I told you so".
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 9:42:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RLP you will definitely be leaving the world one day, just like the rest of us.
TA is smarter than Gillard or Rudd by an absolute mile! The left tactic of saying TA is not smart is meaningless as you have no credibility.
I agree we have an upcomming reckoning when western governments will have to pay debts they have run up and we will probably have a Depression. I remember my parents advice and will probably be saying the same to my Grandson in ten years.
Do not blame me I never voted labour!
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 10:01:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not only in forums like this, but in letters to newspapers (especially regional ones), it seems to be the case that whereas left leaning contributors tend to advance points to support their views(not always, but mostly),right wing respondents tend to resort immediately to personal attck mode, relying heavily on sarcasm and name calling; again, not always but mostly.

Does anyone know if this thesis has ever been studied? If any degree hunter chose to look into it, it might also be usful to look at the relationship between political bias and preference for conventional and non-conventional language forms such as your/you're.
Posted by GlenC, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 2:22:30 PM
GlenC

Yes, no and yes.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 3:11:15 PM
As was said of the return of the Bourbon Monarchy, so it can be said of the Australian Labour Party.

“They have learnt nothing and forgotten nothing.”

A brief history of the ALP since 1939 is (with few exceptions) one to make any right thinking person cringe. Hal Colebatch has recently documented the disgraceful behaviour of the trade union arm of the ALP during the last war. Never once did Curtain publically admonish the union bosses.

Immediately after the war the history is murky in the extreme. A party infiltrated with communists, communist sympathisers and Soviet agents right up to and including members of Dr HV Evatt’s office. The end of that period was the Petrov Affair and the DLP schism. Evatt lost the 1954 election and the role of all parties in the in The Petrov defection was examined by a Royal Commission set up by the subsequent Menzies Government.

In the Whitlam years the shady dealings of then senior ministers in the Khemlani affair is of note, even although in the end their machinations came to naught.

The Rudd-Gillard farce of recent history is too well known to require elaboration here.

However, I am compelled to say that however much one may disagree or agree with Keating his erudition and honesty is transparent. Nor can one doubt the integrity of Hawke.

With the exception of the Hawke-Keating administration I find little to admire in the ALP and much that can only be called skulduggery.

“Plus ça change, plus c’est la meme chose.”
Posted by anti-green, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 3:12:45 PM
GlenC: Yes you are spot on. The more vehement that they are the less they are able to debate and produce valid answers.
Even the names they call themselves point to their blinkered outlook.
Antigreen springs to mind but there is a plethora of them.
It really does not matter because their opinions (if you can call them that) on this forum carry no weight, it is the election/auction that will count.
The main problem with them is that they are allowed to vote.
It really is time that voters should pass an IQ test to be allowed on the register.
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 3:41:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy