The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Columbo Effect: Clive Palmer and the rise of populism in Australia > Comments

The Columbo Effect: Clive Palmer and the rise of populism in Australia : Comments

By Jaime de-Loma Osorio Ricon, published 8/11/2013

Looking at it in retrospect, I can now see clearly that I was fooled into dismissing him as some sort of rich lunatic, and I did not think much of his chances at the 2013 Federal Election.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
...So my summation of this article is; All the "Good-Folk" politicians will now suffer because Clive Palmer is an ingenuine tycoon, who has turned to politics for personal gain, by ingratiating beleaguered constituents into believing a lie: Geez, go on !
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 8 November 2013 9:59:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What Clive did was to take attention away from the many deficiencies of P.M.Abbott. The Court Jester stole the election show from the Mediocre King!

Australia will pay a heavy price for the bizarre Palmer diversion as Tony 'call me John' Abbott brings his towering shortcomings into play!
Posted by David G, Friday, 8 November 2013 10:38:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Contrary to that Jaime, Palmer has all ready shown us what a bunch of dills we have working at the ABC. They gave him more air time than any other media, as he had the fools wound around his little finger.

I'm afraid you are going to have to get away from the kindergarten, & into the serious media,to start to show what Palmer may be. I couldn't believe the ABC, that bastion of silly green causes, & global warming, fawning all over a mining magnate, running only because he couldn't get the LNP to do his bidding.

Obviously Palmer has more brain power in his little finger than the entire ABC journalistic staff could put together in a month of Sundays. It would not be a bad deal, if there was much chance of him using his cunning to our advantage, but pigs might fly too.

Rather than an argument to keep the dills on the public payroll, it is definitely just one more reason to stop wasting all that money on something so incompetent, & close the ABC down.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 8 November 2013 10:57:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yet again Hasbeen your many and varied hatreds have prevented you from making a coherent contribution. With Palmer running so many candidates the ABC would have been criticised if it hadn't given the Palmer Party some airtime before the election. In fact, the ABC seems to have some strict formula which comes into play once an election is on. Now Palmer has won his seat and there will be PUP Senators possibly holding the balance of power it is in our interest to know more about them. The ABC isn't the only media organisation to interview him - but perhaps you only watch the ABC.
Posted by Candide, Friday, 8 November 2013 3:46:17 PM
No hatred here Candide, I simply despise waste & incompetence paid for by the taxpayer, hence I despise your ABC.

The coalition should embrace Palmer, & make him minister for the ABC, with General Manager powers. That is a recipe for a pantomime that would be worth watching.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 8 November 2013 6:49:59 PM
Hi Jaime.

I can tell by your mouthful of name that you are another foreigner who has fled from your rathole country to come to my country, and now you want to tell us Australians everything that we are doing wrong.

One of the reasons why Australia is a successful country, Jaime, is because it was not settled by people from your culture. The Australian culture is that of the North European Protestant people who have a strong affinity to democracy. Now I know that your culture probably has a problem with democracy because you think that it is "populist." Yep, you got that right, Jaime. We Australians think that the authority of the government comes from representing the will of the people. I am sorry if you have a problem with that. Perhaps you should return to wherever you sprang from where the governments most definitely are not "populist" and everybody is trying to find a boat to come to Australia?
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 10 November 2013 3:47:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy