The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Liberals favour experience over tokenism > Comments

Liberals favour experience over tokenism : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 19/9/2013

Even our self-styled conservative columnist, Andrew Bolt, agreed that having one woman in cabinet was 'not a good look'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
That must be one of the saddest attempts I've ever read at defending an indefensible position.

It's clear you just don't get it Peter, you need to explain that if the libs are as merit based as you say they are then why aren't about half of them women.

Labours position is easy they understand that women are still discriminated against that’s why there are still job dominated by the sexes.

welcome to the right's war on a post 1950 world view.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:04:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would doubt if it was all ministers are merit based. Loyalties to the leader would also go a long way
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:30:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter, I want to voice a complaint! There aren't enough female cross-dressers, mixed-genders, transsexuals, bestialists, dwarfs, dominatrixs, etc, in our Parliament, let alone male ones.

This lamentable state of affairs must be addressed immediately. We must have equality of opportunity for all in our democratic system.

Why, even the new American Ambassador brought his husband to our distant shores which shows that the Yanks are already deeply into frumpy-tumpy equality!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:35:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G, just take a look at the senate!

Have nit read the article yet, couldn't leave that comment alone.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 19 September 2013 10:20:55 AM
Never in my life have I heard so "Much Ado About Nothing" and as a woman I can say that.

I cannot believe this whole thing.

Who cares who gets what position?

It's all about "If the person can handle the position"

I couldn't care less if the person is black, white, yellow or green- well maybe not green, wrong choice of colour.

Tony Abbott said he has his team in place and has done so for 2 years now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This whole thing is just beyond ridiculous
Posted by SF, Thursday, 19 September 2013 11:20:27 AM
Well you don't have to be very bright, with tin ears to prefer conservatism, but I guess it has to help.
The facts are, there are not very many females, who are both bright and attracted to the liberal party, hence the lack of merit selected females in the Cabinet or the outer ministry! [As it is often said, the proof of the pudding is in the eating!]
The tin eared empty vessel windbags do well, given they have to be given a bone, just to shut them up?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 19 September 2013 11:35:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy