The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sex Party could help Pauline slip into senate > Comments

Sex Party could help Pauline slip into senate : Comments

By John Mikkelsen, published 3/9/2013

When it comes to the senate, preference reciprocity counts for more than principal.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The Guardian has this Senate visualisation today:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/sep/03/senate-race-preference-allocation-every-party
Posted by Candide, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 6:50:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...What Suseonline, your ideal Democracy gives a candidate but one chance; is that right? And you call Pauline Hanson supporters "Red Knecks"! I laugh!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 10:21:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
" The catch is: what system will take its place."

That's easy, do away with the Senate.

It's not a house of review at all, when there is majority in both houses, it's a rubber stamp, when it's not, it's a dogs breakfast.

The ultimate house of review are the people, if they don't like what's happening, they can kick 'em out.
Posted by Valley Guy, Thursday, 5 September 2013 8:59:58 PM
" 'deliverance country' folk, would give Pauline Hanson even a second glance."

Hey, I live rurally and am learning the banjo and want to learn that tune but will be voting for the Sex Party ! I have Ms Hanson at 85 on my pre-filled paper, ready to print out and take with me.

That aside, hopefully they are pullin' (y)our legs, if not it does go part way to supporting an IQ test for voter eligibility.
Posted by Valley Guy, Thursday, 5 September 2013 9:08:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy