The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Changing the time on your body clock > Comments

Changing the time on your body clock : Comments

By Roger Kalla, published 2/9/2013

Until now there hasn't been a way to set this clock as easily as the corresponding mechanical or digital timepiece.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
My body clock goes all wonky in a cyclical manner. It happens when I’m doing exactly the same sort of thing day in day out week after week.

I sleep really well for a week or so, then suffer insomnia for a week or so. It has been like this many years.

I reckon I'm very close to the end of the good part of the cycle right now….. so I might be putting up OLO posts in the wee small hours over the next week or two while chronic insomnia has its way with me!

I wonder if it could possibly be due to the many flights I’ve done between north Queensland and Perth over the last 30 years, and having spent about half of my life in either place. There is a two hour time difference, so perhaps this has thrown two aspects of my body clock into misalignment whereby they are close enough to alignment to allow me to sleep about half the time and far enough apart to cause insomnia about half the time, on a roughly four-week cycle.

Any ideas on this would be most welcome, Dr Kalla.

BTW, interesting article!
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 2 September 2013 10:18:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy