The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > There's a change coming to the sick room > Comments

There's a change coming to the sick room : Comments

By Kay Stroud, published 25/7/2013

Spirituality may no longer be part of a 'hidden curriculum' in medical schools.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I will be 88 in October. I do not want witch doctors of any kind by my bedside if I die in bed.

There is too much spirituality as it is now. Mumbojumbo such as Reiki, reflexology and prayer are things I can live and die without. I resent the part of my health insurance premiums which pay for such garbage.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 25 July 2013 6:57:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But if prayer works, then God exists, and if God exists then witchcraft is a sin, and the whole boiling of spiritualists, homeopaths, aromatherapists and other practitioners of alternative medicine need to be burnt at the stake, pronto, as per the strict instructions in the Bible. Is Kay prepared to countenance that step if her remote-prayer experiment produces positive results? And if not, why not?

It's quite possible that one or two currently unrecognised medical theories may be valid: it's not possible that many mutually contradictory medical theories can be valid, any more than many mutually contradictory religions can be valid. 'Alternative medicine' derives mainly from the Texas Sharpshooter approach: fire at the barn wall first, then wherever the bullet hits, draw a target around it.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 25 July 2013 7:29:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<..It makes me calm and happy…", Jackman explains. And considering the literature Dr Bennett refers to, it also makes him healthier.>>

knowing the demons his acting attracyts tohim..jackmen is a special..case//plus he can afford it.

so much depends on the mindset[as david reveals]

but the reality is..we cant afford the 'health'/sickness regimes we currently have..and as most are bed bound..the personal touch/coaching...will not pass a cost benefit test.

that said mindset is everything
iytsvwellknown we allcarry horrendous germs withus allthe time
but often..its not till we get down..we get sick..health will have a similar link

<<we discussed how complementary and alternative medicine is a step ahead...>>because*..<< "They've always been patient-driven".>>

THATS POSSIBLY A GOOD POINT..[..oops..sorry re caps]
as i was recently in hospital..i know that consultation isnt as big point..[yet explaining what *they are going to do is]..i did note we can refuse treatments..but dare not suggest our own coping mechanisms

for example in hospital..no dressing had medications
and un-medicated dressings inflame my injury

then the automatic medication of injected..'blood thinner'
i prefer common asprin..to thin the blood..[or thc].,.to open the veins arteries..

my refusal of the daily compulsory injection caused further injury..as i noted the handling of the canela in my vein..got rougher..after its refusal..[as the nurse took.it personally]..

eventually the canula site got inflamed..and i dread to think blood clots forced into my system via it..but the swelling was by then self evident..and it was removed

i recvall that we subsidize 'stroke medication '
over 1 billion annually..who's physiological affect can cheaply be duplicated by one puff on a joint...

[if the infection fails to go away..
im going to try colloidal silver orally.]

so yes..bring on the changes..i want tested/quality assured medicine
cut the drug list to pay for it..i should be able to go..a cheaper option..IF I CHOSE.

informed consent
not standardized regime
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 25 July 2013 8:42:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suggest that the author and at least one of the comment writers so far need to read about the success of the least spiritual countries in the world, the Scandinavians countries from Denmark to Finland inclusive. One of my most thumbed books is "Society without God" by Phil Zuckerman.

If you need some video access to show the benefits of such societies watch the video presentation at the University of Melbourne by Dr. Pasi Sahlberg, the Director General of Education, Finland, at the site address below. Take a close look at the charts, particularly the one comparing the social situation in Finland to the USA and the ones showing the Finnish approach to education compared to the approach under GERM (Global Education Reform Movement) and the outcomes of that approach.

http://events.unimelb.edu.au/recordings/68-how-finland-remains-immune-to-the-global-educational-reform-movement
Posted by Foyle, Thursday, 25 July 2013 9:02:25 AM
oh dear whats there to be said and stay polite?
Whats next faith healing preacher in the emergency centre?
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 25 July 2013 9:37:39 AM
My, all of the usual barbarians are out in force today.

Leading edge medical doctors such as Bernie Siegel, Larry Dossey and Kenneth Pelletier have been promoting this kind of wholistic paradigm for the past 30 year. As indeed has Richard Grossinger the publisher of North Atlantic Books, and the publishers of Bear & Co - Inner Traditions.
That having been said this essay describes a unique Understanding of health & well-being.
http://www.aboutadidam.org/readings/edible_deity/index.html
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 25 July 2013 12:12:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy