The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory > Comments

Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory : Comments

By Lionel Bopage, published 19/7/2013

So how can the Coalition or Labor, if they have even a modicum of conscience, just wash their hands of these developments?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Individual.

The PNG government may not be that smart, but I think they would be smart enough to reject that swap your suggesting. I think most of the PNG population would be rioting if you made any suggestion that they would have to accept Marilyn.
Posted by ozzie, Friday, 19 July 2013 10:32:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lionel Bopage indirectly admits that the Australian people are fed up of illegal immigrants, and that this is now a major election issue which even the stupid Labor Party has flashed on. He tries to blame the sinking of one boat (SIEV X) on the "ruthless intervention" of Australian government through a novel interpretation of logic and failed miserably. His position seems to be that anyone who calls themselves a "refugee" should hop on the nearest boat and come to Australia. Naturally, the overwhelming majority of Australians oppose that idiotic idea.

The fact that his fringe group attitudes are opposed by the overwhelming majority of the electorate is a real problem to Lionel. His response, is to argue a case which is so potty that only people with disordered minds like Suseionlime, Marilyn Shepperd, Arjay, or David G could take it seriously. He claims that the refugee problem is a direct result of western interference in those countries, therefore the west has an obligation to take refugees from every country, even those which in the west quite obviously did not interfere. This is an concept that I completely reject. If every one of these strife torn countries is a multicultural cesspit, then obviously there is something wrong with multiculturalism. Wanting Australia to emulate proven failure looks potty to me. And Lionel's peculiar logic that the west must help refugees regardless of western involvement in these multicultural cesspits, looks like the west is damned if it does, and damned if it doesn't. No matter what the western world does, Lionel will find some logic to blame it and demand that we clean up the mess.

Short of a logical argument, Lionell tries "Human Rights", but this increasingly discredited concept is on the nose with most people in the west, because people like Lionel will always use 'Human Rights" to attack the interests of their own people, and protect the interests of criminals, terrorists and illegal immigrants.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 20 July 2013 6:05:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot>> Is that $1,378 million (over three years) correct or a typo?

If it's correct then:

Wow, that's gonna break the bank!<<

The point is P, that Indonesia has not returned us "one cent" in reciprocal effort or shown any interest in helping us with the illegal economic criminals who throw their papers and cares away between Indonesia and Australia.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 20 July 2013 8:51:57 AM
Well, Rudd has checkmated Abbott in a brilliant move. Abbot looks like a man who has lost his mojo or has just been neutered!

Rudd can run rings around Abbott though how he would handle Turnbull should Tony be knifed is unknown.

Of course, Turnbull is a product of the Big End of town. Not for him the struggles of the man in the street. All the over-paid directors and investors are praying that he will lead the Coalition to victory.

Of course, Rudd once struggled (but, because of his wife, no more) but surely the memories of those times will keep him in touch with ordinary people.

Bring on the election.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 20 July 2013 11:12:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G>> Of course, Rudd once struggled (but, because of his wife, no more) but surely the memories of those times will keep him in touch with ordinary people<<

David we are talking about Kevin Rudd from Queensland,….can’t be, must be another Rudd.

>RAAF cabin stewardess:
Sorry Mr Rudd we don’t have that meal on this flight.

> Kevin Rudd:
Who the fork do you think you are, I’m the Prime Minister and I want my lunch!

>RAAF cabin stewardess:
It is not my fault Mr Rudd that we don’t have that meal on this flight.

> Kevin Rudd:
Where are my truffles, where are the forking quails eggs…. Do you know who I am? I’m the prime Minister and I want my lunch!

Recall that David just a few years back? David you mean less to Rudd than the ear wax he syphons out just after shaving for Australia on youtube
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 20 July 2013 12:03:00 PM
David G, Rudd's New Guinea solution is just another pie in the sky bit of fluff, until he gets the greens to vote for it. Even then it would have to get past a few high court challenges, unless he rejects the UN agreement. There is a fat chance of him doing anything anti UN, when he still harbors dreams of becoming lord of the earth through it.

Yep the agreement is not worth the paper it's printed on, just like the Timor & the Malaysia solutions before them.

He will have to go to an election damn quick, if he wants this sleight of hand to still hold water, & I doubt he could get there quickly enough.

Just perhaps some people will wonder at his ethics, when they realize he has none. He is starting to make the witch look like a saint.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 20 July 2013 12:28:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy