The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory > Comments

Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory : Comments

By Lionel Bopage, published 19/7/2013

So how can the Coalition or Labor, if they have even a modicum of conscience, just wash their hands of these developments?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Poirot - Quote "as opposed to $31 million to process them "humanely" in Australia."

Then after you process them THOUSANDS more come then they bring the relatives etc, then they tell others how to beat the system meanwhile all this at taxpayers expense.

Nothing like the GOVERNMENT statistic 85% still on welfare after being here over 5 years.

Quote "I would give money to a beggar." the same beggar every day for life I DON'T BELIEVE YOU and the beggars friends are waiting for you to give them money as well again I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 19 July 2013 3:37:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And out trot the usual suspects with the usual lies while Australia uses innocent people as pawns in their sick brutal lies to win the racist votes.

What is wrong with this ridiculous country that people who can write on the web are just too lazy to find out the facts.

6.5 million new displaced people last year alone, our only response is how to help less and waste billions more doing it.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 19 July 2013 3:43:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn,

<<What is wrong with this ridiculous country that people who can write on the web are just too lazy to find out the facts>>

If the facts are so easy to come by, how is it you haven't been able to find them?
I haven't seen a single post of yours yet which was strong on facts.

<<6.5 million new displaced people last year alone>>

Displaced does NOT equal refugee.

The Victorian fires and the Qld floods displaced thousands --but none of them thought it entitled them to refugee freebies in the USA.
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 19 July 2013 4:49:45 PM
Marilyn Shepherd Quote "And out trot the usual suspects with the usual lies" Like usual YOU make an outlandish statement without evidence or examples to backup your argument or lack of one.

Who are the usual suspects?
What are the lies?

To quote you again "people who can write on the web are just too lazy to find out the facts." With my above questions it poses the question are you including yourself in your statement?

Please note "usual suspects" means more than one.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 19 July 2013 4:59:41 PM
Poirot - maybe $1,378 million looks more impressive when expressed numerically $1,378,000,000 or as 1.378 billion.

You must be a very rich person if this seems like just a bit of petty cash? To me it's a lot of money which could be used to great effect here. What I was insinuating is the Indonesian Govt has little interest in halting the boats, despite our generosity, as certain Indonesians are making a handsome profit out of the human trafficking. There is ample evidence to suggest the involvement of police, army and others in senior positions.

However I'd love to hear your response to my suggestion that our "Asylum Seekers" be put into the community (after the most basic health and security checks) and be required to live off savings or get paid work immediately to support themselves AND be treated exactly like Australian citizens waiting for housing. Or be required to live and work in certain areas to fill shortages or hasten regional development as a prerequisite to permanent residence?

I've a feeling such 'harsh' measures would somewhat diminish the attractiveness of Australia as a refuge but it would be fair all the same. Safety (#1 priority isn't it?), opportunity to start afresh and contribute to their new home. As it is - if you as an Australian citizen have no concerns, whether holding great sympathy or none whatsoever, afraid for the safety of the travellers and our Navy personal called to rescues (genuine or faked)or not, at the unauthorised, uncontrolled arrival of foreign nationals in the thousands, then I suggest you are in the minority.

When both major political parties are putting forward their plans to STOP the boats, that tells me they, pushed by the demands of the voting majority have had enough.
Posted by divine_msn, Friday, 19 July 2013 6:48:24 PM
I don't write things that are not facts. Racists who openly advocate murder though should be arrested and jailed.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 19 July 2013 7:11:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy