The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Our overcrowded planet: a failure of family planning > Comments

Our overcrowded planet: a failure of family planning : Comments

By Robert Engelman, published 10/7/2013

Many of the world's poorest and most conflict-prone countries are growing faster than thought because many governments are no longer making family planning a high priority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
popnperish
<A quadrupling of Nigeria's population, of course, is not going to happen. Water and food scarcity will put paid to that if disease doesn't get in first.>

War also!
Of course underpopulated, with good family planning
contraception countries like Australia, is where they will try to gain entry as they are driven by war, famine or disease from their own lacking contraception, through lack of male-political-will, countries.

The United Nations and all the male leaders in it are a joke and
wars and famine, the extinction of animals, overconsumption, global warming, will never stop, until they address the huge
white elephant of contraception standing right in the middle
of the room.
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:20:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Malcolm 'Paddy' King,
It's a bit rough accusing the SPP candidate of revelling in his $160K salary when he hasn't got the job yet.

I didn't accuse him of anything, I merely asked him the hard questions
that someone aspiring to be a politician has to be asked.

Nobody keeps their job as a politician for long if the economy is failing badly. I asked him how he would handle this fact and still be able to carry out his mission of stabilizing the population which in my eyes means stopping excessive immigration. There are not
many I feel who would succeed, maybe, Peter could.
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:33:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paddy, keep the tear-felt angst to yourself.

I am not a 'Doomer' I am a realist.

You are just one of the blind faithful who see what you want to see.

I, on the other hand, can read a good scientific article, whether it be peer reviewed or not, and see through the Bullsh.t. You obviously can't or don't want to.

If you want a clear example of ABARE and it's unrealistic prognostications, can I suggest you go to the ABS and compare their forecasts for GDP and reality, I doubt you will find any realistic comparison, I have yet to find one to date.

Given your (Cheryl's) optimistic evaluation of the future, have you given serious consideration of giving up your position in Australia's future to some poor and document deleted individual from Sri Lanka claiming economic sanctuary rather than real social or political refugee status...........I didn't think so.

Get a grip and realise we have a shallow window of opportunity to change things, they are not what the MSM and politicians want you to hear, grow up, educate yourself and realise we are in for the ride of a lifetime, good or bad depending on your self interest.

I know that nothing the Govt or vested interests will impact on me, I have made my own plans and I look forward to future posts that justify my stance. Good luck with your own mantra

Cheers Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:55:35 PM
How can people have family planning when the IMF and World Bank corrupt poor countries and keep them in inescapable debt Dr Rima Laidbow says," Give women an education and the power to control their fertility." Also see 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' by John Perkins. The very people who write essays are like this,are part of the problem because they won't address the root cause.

Articles like this are being used to justify their " New World Order" ie an unelected world Govt run by Corporations. Keeping people poor and ignorant increases populations.Stop spending money on weapons of mass destruction.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 11 July 2013 6:40:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Humans have become what rabbits once were: a plague!

Given their negative impact on the world especially in the last two hundred years, the planet is in serious decline. Global warming is only one of the negatives created by this 'successful?' species.

Humans are so dumb they think that making a bucket of money is next to godliness! They also think that killing and plundering is the recipe for peace.

Stupid humans. Their eyes are bigger than their stomachs and they are ruled by what is positioned between their legs!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 11 July 2013 7:52:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay-How can people have family planning when the IMF and World Bank corrupt poor countries and keep them in inescapable debt Dr Rima Laidbow says," Give women an education and the power to control their fertility." Also see 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' by John Perkins. The very people who write essays are like this,are part of the problem because they won't address the root cause.

There is truth in what you say Arjay but poverty is only part of the
problem. It is a lack of will by the male leadership in countries
and especially the religious based male leadership including the POPE
to even address the problem. The West gives billions in aid
around the world but the leaders in these countries wouldn't
dream of spending it on family planning clinics. Religious
zealots in power in the American Government wouldn't either.

A lot of foreign aid is chanelled into the pockets of the ruling
elites and their families and the thought of using the money for
something like women and children's health is not considered.

I think the truth is, that if the male leaders in all the overpopulated countries and Western male leaders as well,
suddenly decided to address this issue full on and all worked
together and asked Western countries to bankroll it, it could be done
in record time. What's needed to bring it about is the will.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 11 July 2013 7:26:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy