The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd returns and Labor soars > Comments

Rudd returns and Labor soars : Comments

By Benjamin Jones, published 28/6/2013

Gillard's legitimacy has never been accepted by many and this has made it impossible to sell her message.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
“How far back would an Abbott government push the campaigns for … marriage equality?”

I didn’t know there was a campaign for “marriage equality”. I thought that campaign had been won long ago. I thought husbands and wives were already equal in marriage.

If you mean the campaign for “gay marriage”, you should say so, instead of indulging in this torture of the English language in order to dress an attempt at unconstitutional word theft in the language of human rights and thus appeal to all the airheads out there.

Luckily for the logical thinkers, there is still a sizeable number of Labor MPs who have not been taken in by this fraudulent appeal to emotion and who will vote in favour of the English language when the gay marriage campaign next reaches parliament.
Posted by Chris C, Friday, 28 June 2013 8:42:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"In the fullness of time, history will remember Julia Gillard as an exceptional prime minister..."
Rubbish! She will be remembered as the worst PM we have had. The nastiness we have experienced in this parliament started with her as deputy PM. She set the tone. She was incapable of answering any questions directly, openly lied to the electorate and treated us as fools. Whilst she has introduced some beneficial legislation, it will be up to someone else to sort out the detail and the financing. Her initiatives are only half baked. Gillard didn't ever govern in Australia's interest, just her own interest and that of the unions.
Posted by Sparkyq, Friday, 28 June 2013 9:18:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sparks, I endorse your comment. Gillard was a failure of monumental proportions.

That she hung on to the end rather than resign because of her poll numbers (which were even lower than Rudd's when she replaced him) showed her stubbornness, lack of political acumen, and her inability to accept her rejection by the Australian people.

It also showed the stupidity of the factions and why they should be drummed out of town before they cause more problems!

History will give her one out of ten as a P.M. if she's lucky!
Posted by David G, Friday, 28 June 2013 10:11:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...Ah “yes”…But.. Ah “no” too… I think it a foolish concept to believe Labor voters are automatically pro-gay marriage, or for that matter, pro Republican… Ain’t necessarily so Doc…Both these topics will lose more votes than it will gain.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 28 June 2013 10:34:38 AM
Kevvy, did you write this?
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 28 June 2013 1:12:36 PM
I liked Julia Gillard as a person, and it is sad that Australia's first female Prime Minister will be remembered as a failure. It must really gall the trendy sisterhood that Britain's first female prime minister really was an exceptional woman, she was nationalistic and patriotic, and she really did stick it to her "wet" male colleagues.

The fault lies with the Labor Party and it's policies. "Labor" does not mean "trendy lefty" or "troublesome imported foreigner."

It's funny to read the author of this article going into orgasms of delight about how this will reinvent the Labor Party and win the next election. There is something charming about blind faith self delusion, even though it is pathetic.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 28 June 2013 3:09:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy