The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Türkish Spring or Erdoğan's Winter? > Comments

Türkish Spring or Erdoğan's Winter? : Comments

By Hatice Sitki, published 28/6/2013

Where have all the Atatürk badges gone? You know the ones…with Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's bust on them, smiling at you and urging you to follow him in his foot-steps?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A most interesting and informative essay. It is difficult to get a range of views or 'explanations' clarifying events in Turkey regarding these times. I have always been a great admirer of Ataturk, as was my grandfather, (who was ejected from Gallipoly by him in December 1915). I do hope for the best for the Turkish population and would like to see Turkey as a member of the EU. (I think?)
Posted by Prompete, Friday, 28 June 2013 4:57:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This timely and excellent essay stands as a stark warning to the West that islam is fundamentally incompatible with democracy.

The fools and useful idiots who gibber on about moderate muslims will never understand this.

Atatürk was one of the great leaders of the 20thC but even his carefully wrought check to islam will be tested by Islam's implacable drive to dominate. Let us hope his legacy does prevail.
Posted by cohenite, Saturday, 29 June 2013 8:25:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent article!

I can only imagine how horrible life must be for a well educated, thoughtful male living in an Islamic state, let alone for a christian, a woman, an atheist, or a homosexual.

The "Arab Spring" protests spreading right across the Islamic world surely shows a desire to live with more Western style freedoms, freedoms that, due to the internet, they are seeing more and more of. Getting rid of President Morsi in Egypt shows a growing desire to not live under Islamic law.

Allowing large scale Islamic immigration into any Western democracy has been an unmitigated disaster, as they do not assimilate, and allowing Turkey to join the European Union, well, one can only imagine the conflict. There is growing evidence that this century will be worse than last for war in Europe.

Google "Islam in Europe" for more information.
Posted by Beaucoupbob, Friday, 5 July 2013 1:39:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy