The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Government corruption and the local government referendum > Comments

Government corruption and the local government referendum : Comments

By David Galloway, published 11/6/2013

The risk of corruption, mismanagement and waste in government has increased sharply now the executive can decide how to spend vast amounts of public money without effective parliamentary scrutiny.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Great article - well argued and clear. I hadn't joined the dots with the financial framework legislation, but it confirms the lack of accountability that makes this proposal so problematic. Councils mostly seem to support this legislation - they should be careful what they wish for.
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 11 June 2013 3:09:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David if you found the link between the 2 the Government must have known.

And they wonder why people regard politicians as the lowest of any group that can be trusted.

Thanks it has got my NO vote.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 12 June 2013 3:22:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe this is the third time the issue of constitutional recognition has been tested, hopefully the clowns will realize NO means NO after the third failure. Mind you Queensland solar power people have fought their particular battle three times already with no guarantee the third will be the last.
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 13 June 2013 8:47:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy