The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Billionaires: the good, the bad and the mean > Comments

Billionaires: the good, the bad and the mean : Comments

By Lyn Bender, published 4/6/2013

So should we expect and accept the flaws of this new version of the modern hero: the benign imperfect billionaire?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Lyn should wave the hammer and sickle, and sing workers unite.

A comparison with Western countries and the old poverty for all soviet union should explain even to the most dense why the West needs entrepreneurs, that while accumulating wealth, create thousands of tax paying jobs and themselves pay vast amounts of tax.

Any first year business student knows that this is not a zero sum game where the financial pie is a fixed size. The billionaires increase the pie by more than they take, and the average Aussie is better off with them than without.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 11:40:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only way to make the world a better more equal place is to tax the rich out of existence.

For too long they have manipulated the democratic system to ensure that they, the 1%, hold most of the wealth. And most of them, even when they have hoards of money they can't spend, just want more and more!

The rich support the war industry and where fossil fuels are concerned, they don't care if Global Warming may end our world as long as their wealth keeps increasing.

Billionaires don't spend a lot of time thinking about the meek and the poor. They are too busy counting their wealth and trying to think of more ways to increase profits and, wait for it, avoid paying any tax.

Jesus said the rich would not enter heaven. So what did they do? They created heaven on earth for themselves: motor yachts, private jets, lavish mansions and tax havens.

No, tax the rich out of existence and use their ill-gotten gains to make life better for everyone.

'Being rich is a bitch' should be the new catch-cry to help us create a better world for everyone.
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 12:06:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G,

I completely agree. One the 1% is taxed out of existence, then we should tax the new 1% that take their place. Keep on doing this over and over until you are the 1% then I'll come for you mate as I'm sure your richer than I. Or don't you care about us meek and poor?
Posted by Stezza, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 12:46:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lyn would be in the top 2% of income earners in the world. She would be the first to protest if some poor Ugandan tried to morlaise about what she did with her money. I am sure Lyn takes plane trips, warms herself with gas and electricity and then expects Gonski and NDIS to be funding the industry she seems to be against. Quoting OxFarm the political animal confirms this observation.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 12:57:20 PM
David G - Jesus said the rich would not enter heaven. So what did they do? They created heaven on earth

Whilst your point has merit, it doesn't make sense from a theological perspective, well depending on your particular beliefs anyway. For what its worth, a very substantial school of thought takes the Lords Prayer quite literally, particularly 'Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done ON EARTH', which is taken to mean the kingdom will be here. Furthermore, there are multiple references to no normal human ascending to heaven, not even obvious examples like Moses, Abraham & David. (JC obviously being a special case since he came from there in the first place.

All that aside, yes we most definitely do have a major problem with the rich getting ever richer. Given the present focus on 'greed is good & absolute avarice is even better', at all levels of society, its difficult to imagine our elected officials, most being ex-lawyers as they are, have any will or intention to change the status quo, especially since they rely heavily on big-business support & also expect to get a cushy consultancy job when we finally turf the clowns on the street.

I believe we'll encounter a major financial crash not too far down the track & that will really sort the sheep from the goats. Most if not all the snouts will be out of business since their whole reason for existence will no longer exist. I'm relatively well setup to weather the storm however I am apprehensive about what snouts will turn to ..... highway robbery probably.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 1:45:28 PM
Reading about all these rich people been mean and bad is nonsense I think. If the rich people don't exist, then we don't have any work, and without work nobody has wages and pays taxs, and without taxs, then the Government cannot give aid to our poor people.

This stupid stuff written by the misinformed people like Praxidice is just foolish. He thinks every person is corrupt with there heads in the trough. The lady who wrote the article is not right either, but at least she does try hard to explain and support her thoughts, and fools like Praxidice and Shallow Minster, with the latters comments where he calls the writer by implication, a communist with hammer and sickel, is rubbish.

Both of these two people are always insulting others on this forum. I don't know why, really?
Posted by misanthrope, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 3:52:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy