The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lest we forget > Comments

Lest we forget : Comments

By Greg Byrne, published 7/5/2013

It is tragic that the NCC, so perceptive in analysing the ideology of Marxism and the Greens, is failing to do the same with Islam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Bazz,
This weekend my wife had planned to go to the city with friends. The event was cancelled because of police advice to the community that there may be groups planning to visit the city with the intention of starting trouble. As we know from Cronolla these guys have no qualms about attacking women. So they cancelled. The only winners out of this are the extremists.

We've already seen where extremist views lead on both sides (eg. Anders Behring Breivik). When i asked my wife not to go to the city i had in mind various attacks by people spitting and pulling of hijabs. The story of Marwa El-Sherbini came to mind. She was murdered by her neighbour, Alex Wiens, in a frenzied attack with a knife (she was was three months pregnant, expecting her second child). It was in a court room where she was testifying against him for verbal abuse and from court records there was no mistaking his motives: the views he expressed in court seem identical to the views you have expressed, as do those of Breivik.

I've also heard the diatribe of the Islamic extremists...they are both based on willful ignorance and misinformation. This is not a clash of civilisations, its a clash of ignorance in which only the extremists can win.
Posted by grateful, Monday, 27 May 2013 3:08:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just to add to the my previous post:

The only way to avoid a clash of ignorance is to fight the ignorance.
Posted by grateful, Monday, 27 May 2013 3:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy