The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: two new Arab myths > Comments

Palestine: two new Arab myths : Comments

By David Singer, published 17/4/2013

According to Mr Barghouti there is apparently no need for further negotiations to determine the sovereignty of these areas.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Stevenmeier,
you seem to take a pretty grim view of the Israelis and of their neighbours. I suspect the Israelis are no more or less genocidal than any other nation. They have the safety of nuclear weapons which means they will never face an all out invasion by any of their neighbours. None of their neighbours would relish the certainty of nuclear annihilation I'm quite sure.
If only these same neighbours also had a nuclear deterrent, they too wouldn't have to constantly fear invasion or attack from Israel. Iran being a fine example. Israel and the West constantly talk up the "threat" posed by Iran whilst at the same time threatening to bomb or invade them. I have never heard Iran’s leaders threaten to bomb or invade Israel except in self defence.
The only violence Israel faces comes as a direct consequence of them carrying out an ongoing military occupation of another people and their land. This is the same violence the British faced when they occupied the same piece of land. I am quite sure that when the occupation ends the violence will end with it.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Friday, 19 April 2013 10:45:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy