The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A small step in legal reform, a giant leap for justice > Comments

A small step in legal reform, a giant leap for justice : Comments

By Tom Mann, published 3/4/2013

The right to appeal following fresh and compelling evidence seems a natural part of the justice process for someone convicted of a serious crime.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A right to an automatic appeal, a giant leap for justice?
Indeed, and a right to have all evidence tested by, completely covert, space age lie detection equipment, [computer assisted facial recognition, that simply does not miss the tiny tell tale facial movement, that indicates otherwise virtually invisible professional deception; and thermal imaging,] that not even drug addicts and disingenuous, mendacious, pathologically deceptive miscreants can deceive!?
Why is there so much resistance to having evidence and so called witness recall; more thoroughly and professionally tested?
Well, perhaps the answer lies in an entirely inflexible vested interest in the status quo, and the millions it earns for some of the benefiting legal fraternity?
[$6,000.00 a day for (a) silk(s), for days on end, followed by even lengthier appeal process, higher hourly fees; and, the interminable sound, of the legal cash register ringing?]
Why would anyone currently befitting so massively, from the current status quo, want to shorten that process, or render most of their still medieval adversarial activities, virtually obsolete?
Including that of shamelessly attacking victims on the stand, to test their evidence, with little more, I believe, than professional/slimy word twisting and highly prejudicial verbal bullying, that then may even further traumatise the victim or victims?
True justice should be for everyone, not just those with very fat bank balances; or, very influential friends in high places!?
Neither should it be solely about winners and losers! Just about allowing the truth to be completely and honestly revealed, and then allowing the chips to fall where they may.
Were this to be the case, then surely we wouldn't have our incredibly expensive courts, clogged up for years, with rich or highly influential time wasters?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 3 April 2013 10:48:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An interesting topic no doubt ? I was about to make a small contribution, until I saw the name of Michael Kirby ?

It's interesting that most former HC Justices when they retire, quietly turn to their luxury holiday homes and live comfortable to the end of their days on a very generous taxpayer pension ?

But not so this Michael Kirby, still trying to change that which he should keep his nose out of - I'd pay more attention to a retired SM than this bloke ? I'll take my leave, lest I really say what I think of this, this....ah - fellow !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 3 April 2013 3:30:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy