The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How much intolerance must we tolerate? > Comments

How much intolerance must we tolerate? : Comments

By Xavier Symons, published 26/2/2013

Are we really promoting the idea of tolerance if we allow someone who is self-confessedly intolerant to grandstand around the country?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Ludwig - Agreed, with all you said.

Note: I don't personally see it as 'harsh'... I see it as ESSENTIAL. I just knew that to 'fresh eyes,' it 'may seem harsh,' until one understands all of the context.

I haven't reviewed all of the Charters ... I don't follow this issue routinely, I am just aware of it, and sat squirming recently at some of the ignorant questions asked of Geert on tv, in the name of 'tolerance'! Frustrating!

No body is out to ridicule anyones beliefs or stop them practicing their religion; it's not about that.... but if such beliefs contain a doctorine that demands to bring horrific harms to it's followers and death to those (who do not follow), then scrutiny and severe safeguards are needed. There is no room for ignorance.

I don't know of a religion that contains within it, demands for such control of lives and countries and calls for harm to 'others'? (infidels).
Posted by MotherXpectingAMiracle, Monday, 4 March 2013 3:43:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is so comforting to be critical of Wilders in Australia which has not seen the mass murders of London or Madrid, the honour killings in Europe, the taking up of public space by Muslims or the riots on the banliues or the high rate of criminality or the of incidence of rape by people of non-European descent. But the people of Europe have experienced all those and they have seen that the tolerance of the political elites, who live is safety, far away from the victims of islamic intolerance.

The PC enforcers of our society who support multiculturalism even with a cohort that demands monoculturalism, the Muslims, smear any dissenters of their political ideal. They ignore, and demand that we ignore, the disproportionate involvement of Muslims in rapes, car rebirthings, drugs and gun violence. There is a proportionately larger percentage of Muslims in jail. There are any number of them preaching hate against mainly Jews but also against Christians.

Tolerating the intolerant by a tolerant society is intolerable. We tolerate those who take advantage of us to gain power and to rule us through intimidation at our peril. Time to assert the values of our society and to ensure that those who oppose those or exploit them will be subject to social or criminal sanctions
Posted by paul2, Monday, 4 March 2013 4:54:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy