The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time for action on the price of electricity > Comments

Time for action on the price of electricity : Comments

By Damian Sullivan, published 7/12/2012

Energy affordability needs to be high on the agenda for today's COAG.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Can someone in Melbourne with a smart meter tell us the times of the
different rates and what are the different rate charges.
If possible the standard rates, not the discount rate from the brokers.

Unless we know these figures it is very difficult to guess the effect.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 7:57:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen
Re: Solar Hot water I would be interested to know if that is still the case. To some extent it depends what you are changing from.

Raycom
I would encourage you to look at the Deloitte study (2 parts) into Victorian smart meters, it includes reference into impacts of TOU on different household types.

Bazz
If you’re referring to TOU rates, flexible pricing in Victoria will come in around mid-2013, see Vic DPI’s website. Prices and times will depend on the retailers as it is fully deregulated.
Posted by Damian S, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 10:33:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't know these days Damian, although I doubt it. I gather it doesn't matter much. From what I've heard they have, or going to, ban the old fashioned hot water service, so we'll be stuck with solar.

A very good job of spin & lobbying has been done there.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 11:46:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy