The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's blinkered view of violence in Gaza > Comments

Australia's blinkered view of violence in Gaza : Comments

By Dave Hopkins, published 23/11/2012

Backing Israel's right to self-defense is incompatible with the attendant call (however tepid, in the case of Australia) for the protection of civilians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
AVW, obviously you are employed by the IDF to disseminate lies.

Fortunately, most of the contributors to OLO know full well what the situation is like for the Palestinians blockaded in Gaza.

Most of them also would've watched the latest genocide carried out by the IDF, seen the dead, crushed Palestinian children being pulled from the rubble of their homes.

Anyone who tries to justify what the Israelis do to those who it illegally occupies or blockades is devoid of conscience or morality.

In your case it's both!
Posted by David G, Friday, 23 November 2012 4:25:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AVW, whilst the western countries continue to interfere in the soveriegn countries of the middle east, there will never be peace.
Posted by Kipp, Friday, 23 November 2012 4:28:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G

To whom are you referring, other than Hamas, when you speak of “people who glorify killing and genocide”? Certainly not the countries you mention.

Israel is NOT an ‘occupier’ let alone an ‘illegal occupier’

Israel completely withdrew its military and civilian presence from the Gaza Strip in 2005 and since that time the rockets haven’t ceased.

Even Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahhar believes that Gaza is NOT under “occupation” or “siege”:

According to the Ma’an News Agency, he said in September 2012: “Gaza has been freed from occupation”. He confirmed also that Gaza is not under "siege", stating that "contiguity with the outside world is easier as visitors from all over the world visited the coastal enclave. We are self-dependent in several aspects except petroleum and electricity". http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=520228.

Certainly no one is getting a “buzz” as you put it out of killing. During this last offensive, Israel, as per Her norm dropped leaflets telling people to move away from various areas where they knew Hamas were. The response from Hamas was to tell people to ignore it. The same a with text message which went out to every single mobile phone.

I can assure you the people of Gaza are not living in poverty, nowhere near it. I can give you multiple pages of links as to the lifestyle of the average person in Gaza. I think now they have 4 or 5 Five Star hotels compared to Israel’s 1. They have resorts spas and night clubs. I also believe Israel doesn’t have an Olympic size swimming pool whilst Gaza does.
Posted by SF, Friday, 23 November 2012 5:20:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are two books that are a "must read", both written after exhaustive research, both available as Amazon Kindle editions as well as paperbacks, by outstanding Israeli scholars, both of whom are reviled as "self-hating Jews", which is a badge of recognition and honour conferred by the Zionist cheer squad.

The titles sum up the message: "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" by Professor Ilan Pappe and "The Invention of the Jewish People" by Professor Shlomo Sand. I thought I knew all I needed to, but those two books blew me away.

Palestine was cleared for foreign occupation and a racist state by a programme of murderous pogroms, called "Plan Dalet" and led by a cabal around David Ben Gurion - the first being in 1947 and the most recent being this month. Pappe's research has laid out the events town by town, village by village, valley by valley, pogrom by pogrom.

While Pappe delved back through records to 1947, Sand took his research back to Genesis 12 and 15 and the Abrahamic Covenant ("God promised us your territory") and showed that those ruling Israel are descendants not of the "children of Israel" but of converts. There's a quick overview at http://www.versobooks.com/authors/709-shlomo-sand.

Fake Jews imposing by extreme violence the only state in the world to be run as a homeland for an ethnic group and the rest better stay out of the way!
Posted by EmperorJulian, Friday, 23 November 2012 5:35:42 PM
At best, Ilan Pappe must be one of the world’s sloppiest historians; at worst, one of the most dishonest. In truth, he probably merits a place somewhere between the two.

http://www.tnr.com/article/books/magazine/85344/ilan-pappe-sloppy-dishonest-historian?page=0,1&passthru=MWE4MzAwYzEwZTUxY2M3Y2VjZWEwODI4NTYyOTZlYmU
Posted by SF, Friday, 23 November 2012 6:05:14 PM
EmperorJulian There is a good word to describe people like you whic was coined back in 1879 by William Marr and has no place here, so I suggest you take your hate elsewhere.

Like Ilan Pappe, Shlomo Sands theories have been totally debunked, through blood and genes testing.

Read the last item I posted and read this and bite your tongue

"Genetic research refutes Shlomo Sand - It's in our DNA"
http://www.israel-palestina.info/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1165
Posted by SF, Friday, 23 November 2012 6:20:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy