The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Politicians' version of Gaza: lazy, blind and dangerous > Comments

Politicians' version of Gaza: lazy, blind and dangerous : Comments

By Stuart Rees, published 22/11/2012

There are other principled, non-violent ways to address this conflict. The essential formula for non-violent solutions is that justice for the Palestinians equals security for Israelis.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Here is some more information about the Israeli blockade of Gaza.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/11/23/roy/sctFniw6Wn2n9nTdxZ91RJ/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw
Posted by fungus, Friday, 23 November 2012 4:46:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry. Jon R, not Jon J.
Posted by fungus, Saturday, 24 November 2012 10:23:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great article Stuart.

To those who keep referring to the Hamas charter to show Hamas is committed to wiping out Israel (as if they could anyway) how about taking a look at the Likud charter? It states, very clearly, there will NEVER be a Palestinian state.

And I agree that it is more appropriate to use the term Zionist lobby rather than Jewish lobby. There are many Jews, in Australia, the US and Israel, who are appalled at Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, and who say so very loudly. Unfortunately they are often derided as "self-hating Jews" "traitors" or similar.
Posted by gabi, Saturday, 24 November 2012 4:58:55 PM
In my previous post I suggested that the use of the terms "Israeli lobby" and "Jewish lobby" might be better replaced by the term "Zionist lobby". Since sending that post I have read an article quoting from Jewish spokesmen who have used both the terms "Jewish" and "Israeli" lobby, and not "Zionist" lobby. So if it's OK by them to use those terms, then who am I to suggest otherwise?
Posted by gabi, Sunday, 25 November 2012 9:04:35 AM
gabi, in answer to your question, I still believe the term "Zionist lobby" and "pro-Israel lobby" are preferable to "Jewish lobby".
Here is a website that proves my point.

http://www.angelfire.com/co4/intl-islamic-res/gateway/Jewish.html
Posted by fungus, Sunday, 25 November 2012 3:03:22 PM
Gosh, I knew there were a lot of Jewish and/or Israeli groups unhappy with Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, but I didn't realise there were so many. Very impressive. Thanks for that info.
Posted by gabi, Sunday, 25 November 2012 4:26:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy