The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whistling in the wind as simple as ABC > Comments

Whistling in the wind as simple as ABC : Comments

By Geoff Ellis, published 31/10/2012

This is the email trail of one man's frustration with the ABC's fascination with world, indy and obscure music.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Geoff,

I wish you the best in your communications with a Computer... Oh ! and for 8c* a day

* not incl. Inflation.
Posted by Aspley, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 2:11:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One word: Spotify. If you're still wasting your time on broadcast radio (or television) you deserve all you get.
Posted by Jon J, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 3:13:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fascinating.

An article outlining a complaint by one specific listener that a specific radio station has programming that doesn't meet his specific listening preferences.

Lookitme, lookitme! I'm not afraid to take on the Establishment! Stick it to the Man!

I just lurrrved this stinger.

"I am sure I am not alone in wanting to support you in your efforts to penetrate the mind sets and machinations of the ABC in order to improve this tax payer funded public service"

Ouch! I'd curl up and cry if I was on the receiving end of that poisoned barb.

Also, now I think about it, if I had written it, and had caused it to be published.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 3:17:41 PM
Well, I share the writer's frustration, having written on a few occasions about what I thought was bias — and I am a long-standing supporter of the ABC. 'Round and round the mulberry bush' was the tune I whistled, much of the time.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 3:49:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy