The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's Julia Gillard is no feminist hero > Comments

Australia's Julia Gillard is no feminist hero : Comments

By John Pilger, published 17/10/2012

Julia Gillard's record is one of running away from the principles of feminism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
For Gillard to cry sexism and pretend to be a victim after climbing over the backs of 4 male leaders in a few years is ridiculous and her speech was an embarrassment to older women like me who know what she is really like.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 3:19:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I disliked this poorly researched article about a Prime Minister who, although is the first female Australian PM, has never put herself out there as a leader of feminism as such.

Standing up for herself and the few other female politicians in our parliament and stating how they will not be treated as the weaker sex any more, is a very admirable thing to do. We have all seen evidence of sexism in parliament. We shouldn't put up with this in our own workplaces, and neither should the PM.

Whether I do or don't like her policies or decisions in Government, she had every right to stand up for herself as a person and a woman.
The fact that her speech was admired the world over is enough for me.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 4:17:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bob Kerohan the ex-president of the AWU swears that builders turned up at his office and demanded that the AWU pay for works done to Julia Gillard's house at Abbottsford.This is a very recent interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBgxVo5gTA&feature=player_embedded

Bob Kernohan said that he was offered a safe Labor seat if he shut his mouth.He was serevely bashed and sent 3 bullets for being honest.

How was the Gillard Govt able to get Michael Smith sacked from 2UE and silence the Fairfax and Murdoch press in futher investigating this matter?

There has been no police investigation and the Coalition are also strangely silent.Do they all have immunity via the dirt they have on each other?
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 4:35:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ARjay, what does your rant have to do with Gillard's so called feminism?
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 4:42:02 PM
'has never put herself out there as a leader of feminism as such.'

Suseonline,

I think you could have at least read the first paragraph,

'Promoted by glass-ceiling feminists with scant interest in the actual politics and actions of their hero, Gillard is the embodiment of the Australian Labor Party machine'
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 4:52:05 PM
Marilyn,I'm raising the issue of Gillard's integrity.Feminism is supposed to all about that.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 4:53:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy