The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mr Abbott and women voters > Comments

Mr Abbott and women voters : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 11/10/2012

Menzies drew more support from women than he did from men, and in the 1960s women were less like likely than men to see themselves as Labor supporters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I was away for much of the time after this post came out, and I was unable to respond to comments. What I had in mind re the 'unprecedented' abuse of the PM was in the reference to her figure, face and clothes. No one has ever criticised a male PM in this way, and the closest anyone got was in noting that Kim Beazley needed either to buy bigger suits or lose some weight, and he was only the L of the O.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 1:45:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wasn't a major source of discussion of Julia's (female) nether region the Female Eunuch? Obviously as right wing as Jonesy and with a penchant for misogyny.

Notably, again, none of the Left called anyone out on this, just laughed, humiliating our Prime Minister on their ABC.
Posted by McCackie, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 9:02:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy