The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Einstein's insanity test > Comments

Einstein's insanity test : Comments

By Junaid Cheema, published 10/10/2012

Perhaps we need to think outside the square on Islamic terrorism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All
What an egregious article; the author equates the muslim riot with other protests; those other protests were against particular issues; the issue with islam is that it wants to change the democratic system.

Enboldened spokesmen for islam like the character commenting in this thread are happy to admit islam's goal is to change Western democracy.

It is plain there is no middle ground with islam, you are either with it or against it; people who argue otherwise are either fools or quislings.

I'm sick of islamic spokespersons denigrating Western and Australian society from the viewpoint of islam; there is no comparison; Western society is the best type of society humanity has had; islam does not want to improve that society, it wants to eradicate it.

It's time the West took the same attitude towards islam as islam takes towards the West.
Posted by cohenite, Saturday, 20 October 2012 9:39:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And where is the advocate for islam in respect of this:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_best_news_of_the_day/

Islam should be judged by such as this not the usual pontification about excerpts from their text.
Posted by cohenite, Sunday, 21 October 2012 2:01:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@cohenite

Did you even read the article or perhaps your comprehension skills aren't up to scratch?

You say:
those other protests were against particular issues; the issue with islam is that it wants to change the democratic system.

Where does it say in this article that Islam wants to change the democratic system? Junaid, compared violent protests with another set of violent protests, and the little attention that the non-islamic ones received. Even, it was reported on ABC or SBS that the police instigated some attacks and chased down protesters trying to move away from the situation. Did mainstream media report that?

Ofcourse any muslim should want Islam to lead. It's very obvious. Any Hindu would want Hindu's to lead and other religion/faith or non-faith ideology like communism based ideology would want to lead. Those that think of the Dollar as the be all and end all may want this capitalistic society to lead. There's no middle ground with democracy either. If i wanted to say i want half sharia and half democracy will you accept? Or half communism, half secular. There's no middle ground there?

@cohenite: Western society is the best type of society humanity has had

Based on what measurement? The crime rate statistics don't show this. The amount of terrorist attacks, invading nations, the 20% of people using 80% of worlds resources, the rape every 30 or so seconds, the amount of suicides that occur and depression rates sky high. The financial crisis and bank system failures, with predicted much more to come. The drinking to forget the problems on the weekend and alcohol related deaths, the gambling issues, smoking deaths. Adultery sky high, divorces high. Capitalistic system, encouraging materialistic gains, discontentment, ingratitude, greed and power. Also for what purpose? To accumulate more wealth? Where's your measure?

And as for your posted article, i gave you scholarly discussion link regarding Woman and Education in Islam:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/169979/woman%20studying
It's a shame what occurred there and taliban ofcourse don't represent all of islam just like the mormons don't represent all of christians.
Posted by PeacefulPeace, Monday, 22 October 2012 8:16:52 PM
I'm not interested in what islam wants nor what its proselytizers preach; Taqiyya and Kitman are the staples of islamic engagement with the West.

I inform myself about islam from Bruce Bawer, Mark Steyn, Robert Spencer, Sam Harris, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and other brave people.

Islam is a blight; it brings strife, oppression and misery everywhere it goes; and if you don't like the West, leave.
Posted by cohenite, Monday, 22 October 2012 10:21:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy