The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Flannery and the Climate Commission. > Comments

Flannery and the Climate Commission. : Comments

By Anthony Cox, published 22/8/2012

For a non-political body the Climate Commission makes a lot of political statements.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 22
  15. 23
  16. 24
  17. All
csteele asks "what am I missing".

F&R find an unchanging climate sensitivity of between 1.4-1.8C for 2XCO2; CO2 has gone up from the base of 280ppm in 1890 to just under 395ppm:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/

That's an increase of ~ 41%; according to the IPCC climate sensitivity is 3.2C for 2XCO2:

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch10s10-5.html

Temperature, GAT, during that period has gone up by 0.7C since 1890; according to the IPCC it should have gone up by 41% of 3.2C or ~ 1.31C.

Would you please explain the difference between what F&R found and what should have happened if the IPCC/AGW theory is correct?

bonmot; as usual, great contribution to the discussion.
Posted by cohenite, Sunday, 26 August 2012 11:04:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Using your own asserted misconceptions and distorted science on an opinion site does not constitute a "discussion", Anthony.

Any serious dialogue I have attempted with you showing where and why you have got it wrong is met with ridicule and derision. I have seen you play with similar tactics on the other blog sites you frequent.

Somewhat amusing but nevertheless tedious because you (a part-time solicitor) want to show anyone who engages that you 'know' more about any of the climate sciences than any of the real climate scientists.

In fact, any "discussion" with a pretender like yourself on a public forum like this will not only confuse you, it will confuse the casual onlooker. This my precious petal might be the agenda of you or any merchants of doubt, however it is not mine.

Have games in your playground if you want Anthony, but having tantrums or displaying a bullying behaviour because someone doesn't want to play your game is immature and childish, IMHO.
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 27 August 2012 7:25:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bonmot the bureaucrat, the pretender, says:

"Using your own asserted misconceptions and distorted science on an opinion site does not constitute a "discussion", Anthony.'

In my last post I linked to NOAA and the IPCC; how is that my misconceived and "distorted science".

You're hopeless bonmot; even when I quote the top pro-AGW 'science' sources I'm still wrong.

And this:

"In fact, any "discussion" with a pretender like yourself on a public forum like this will not only confuse you, it will confuse the casual onlooker."

You arrogant twerp! Hey, any of you "casual onlookers" confused yet? I bet you are trying to marry bonmot's claims to be knowledgeable on the science with the drivel he actually writes!
Posted by cohenite, Monday, 27 August 2012 9:17:58 AM
Howdy, cohenite,

That's not very nice.

Me thinks you're right off beam on this one - and that bonmot is a scientist working at the coal face - and that he is often frustrated that a non-scientist like yourself has a penchant to graffiti threads with erroneous science.

But you get 10/10 for confidence.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 27 August 2012 9:24:27 AM
@ Poirot & co,

<< bonmot is … working at the coal face >>

You mean like this?
http://tinyurl.com/99qt9k3

While he’d no doubt excel in shoveling the dirt,
the *rigour* required would be too much for him.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 27 August 2012 9:38:25 AM
Care to show me where Bonny?
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 27 August 2012 10:00:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16