The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bullying American business over gay marriage views > Comments

Bullying American business over gay marriage views : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 13/8/2012

Same-sex marriage campaigns challenge Christian philanthropy and activism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
JofM:

...Or maybe we could change the description of gay marriage to one closer to its biological accuracy, IE: "Poly-morphously perverse marriage"!

...Thanks for the interesting link!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 13 August 2012 1:08:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhrosty,
The "Gays" went a little bit further than taking their custom elsewhere, stores were vandalised and one activist is out on bail for criminal damage to a Chick -Fil-A store.

Diver Dan, I like the part where they asked what was the greater affront to the institution of marriage, a few harmless same sex couples playing mummies and daddies or Newt Gingrich!
I had good old laugh about that one.
They also point out the weird mentality of the Lefty and how people who actually do hold deep seated and lifelong convictions are agog at people on the Left who wake up in the morning and ask "What do I believe today?"
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 13 August 2012 1:36:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Labeling anyone who supports traditional marriage a "homophobe" or "bigot" is bullying."

No, labelling anyone who condemns gay marriage but cannot provide a rational justification for their view a 'homophobe' or 'bigot' is simply drawing an obvious and natural conclusion. When the opponents of gay marriage start living up to the reasons they claim to have for their opposition, then I will withdraw the epithets. Till then they stand.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 13 August 2012 1:39:03 PM
only the bigotted and blind deny the huge increase in diseases caused by sodomy. Also those who care about children would not consider deliberately robbing a child of a mother or father. The homosexual lobby are bullies not stopping at anything to silence the truth. Unfortunately though only a small minority they display enough venom to fool many.
Posted by runner, Monday, 13 August 2012 2:05:40 PM
As the comments above show, some activists are quite happy to label "... anyone who supports traditional marriage a "homophobe" or "bigot". If someone disagrees with them, they call them names and morally denounce them. There is no doubt that this is a new form of bullying. They justify such tactics because they perceive they have been discriminated against by "the church" and society.

In reality the homosexual lobby is re-defining morality under a guise of "tolerance" and then attempt to muzzle anyone who disagrees with them. This is not tolerance but totalitarianism: everyone must be forced to acknowledge that homosexuality is normal, good, acceptable, virtuous and noble.

My case stands until I hear one (please) homosexual activist "come out" and support the rights of those who disagree with them to hold and broadcast their viewpoints. Can any of you say something like this: "I'm a homosexual but in the interest of freedom of conscience and speech I support your right to oppose gay-marriage". If you can't do that you are betraying an authoritarian approach.

As for me, I strongly support the right of everyone to have their own opinion, to speak in favour of gay-marriage, even though I believe it's an error.

It seems that it is not OK for Christians to take a moral stand against homosexual marriage because that is being judgemental, but it is OK to take a moral stand against the supposed sin of discrimination, that is not judgemental. Can't you see your own glaring double standards? If you can speak pro gay-marriage then I can speak against it. If you can call you opposition "homophobes" and "bigoted", I can say that homosexual marriage is not in the best interests of children, will lead to a legal mess, is not in the best interests of society, has nothing to do with equality, but has everything to do with promoting homosexual morality.
Posted by mykah, Monday, 13 August 2012 2:41:20 PM
Don't worry Mykah,
Only "nice" homosexuals will marry and adopt kids and they won't get divorced because a bunch of silly White heterosexuals imagine that they had it rough in the past so of course they'll try harder to set an example.
That's the other congenital delusion afflicting silly White people, that everyone is "just like me", it's a companion to "Diversity is our greatest strength because deep down we're all the same".
I used to be outraged by the idea of same sex marriage but these days, having educated myself on the subject I've lately come to the conclusion that it's just silly and a little bit sad but I can understand why 60% of silly White heterosexuals support the idea.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 13 August 2012 2:55:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy