The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A woman's best friend > Comments

A woman's best friend : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 18/7/2012

I like the title of Jane Gleeson-White's article, 'My womb is not terra nullius'. Pregnancy imposes a 'Mabo'-type decision - the womb is occupied.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
It amuses me that other people seem to think they have the right to dictate what I can and can't do with my body. It really is as simple as "If you don't believe in abortion don't have one."
Posted by Carz, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 8:01:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is the weirdest article I have read for ages.

"...Women who have abortions are more likely to die in the years immediately following the abortions than women who give birth or were never pregnant. Accidents, suicide and homicide are potential causes of mortality."

Wow, having an abortion increases the chance you are going to be murdered? At the hands of a crazed anti-abortion nutter outside the clinic, maybe.

Lord, this kind of garbage makes me weep. I have to quote Sarah Silverman here - "My boyfriend and I really want to have an abortion, but we're having trouble conceiving."

As much as it pains Mrs Francis, an abortion is sometimes the best of a bad set of options. It should be legal, accessible and as painless as possible.
Posted by Cosmogirl, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 9:56:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
those who murder babies are then idiotic enough to critize muslims when they do their stoning. Both crimes are as bad as each other. Thankfully even after all the propaganda by feminist and the murder industry most woman still value their babies.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 10:47:27 AM
Carz,
I totally agree with you. I too am fed up with others always critisising those with whom they have no relationship nor any other interest. If a woman doesn't want to give birth then she should have the right to abort. If a woman is pregnant but does not have the means to support a child she should not object to an abortion either. As long as there is a good chance to abort without physical side effects then she should not be asking others to support her.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 2:36:54 PM
Runner, your a classic: And consistent, I'll say that about ya!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 4:27:28 PM
Babette,

Really taking about abortion hardly stirs the feminists these days. Try saying 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and watch the torrents.

cheers
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 5:54:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy