The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Testosterone and trauma > Comments

Testosterone and trauma : Comments

By Paul Middleton, published 18/6/2012

There are some very good reasons for young men to stop and think about the way their behaviour impacts their future lives.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Nobody knows, nobody cares - men are the disposable gender.

Read the newspapers - A bomber killed 64 "including women". As if men don't count.

Women killed at work are reported as "women" but men are "miners". More men suicide than EVERYBODY killed on the roads... but where are the PR campaigns to save MEN's lives?

And that is only the 'official' figure. Many men suicide and are recorded as 'accidents'. I remember being amazed as a kid by the the number of farmers who 'accidenally' killed themselves climbing through a fence! But Now I realise when I was a kid there was a period of high interest rates and low prices and many farmers went to the wall... and many of these men took their lives, so that their wife and kids would get the life insurance and not have to live with the shame of a bankrupt dad. Proud and protective men.

Add up the probably suicides to the 'official suicides, you get a frightening figure. Nine-out-of-ten suicides are men, Or, only one-out-of ten are women.

Nowdays, the biggest cause of men suiciding is having their children (and everything else they ever worked for) stolen by divorce! Struggling with the Orwellian injustice of divorce, and gutted by seeing the kids they love, the kids that love and need their father, is too much for too many dads.

More men suicide than everybody killed on the road. Who cares?
PartTimeparent@pobox.com
Posted by partTimeParent, Thursday, 28 June 2012 1:31:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy